Just got ruined by a pair of Treo CTs

So, went down to my local hi-fi shop today and they just so happened to have a pair of Treos with the carbon tweeters on display. He put on a Donald Fagen record and my jaw dropped, the top end was just...blissful... just perfect. Hard to describe.
Immediately afterward I heard the magnepan 3.7. while sounding great, the Treos sounded substantially better IMO.
Ok..so was planning to get a brand new pair of model 2s at some point, now I'm not so sure. The Treos CTs cost $8500. Oh dear...
bstatmeister
@rwwear 

• i would suggest a look at recent show photos of Vandersteens ( Munich for example ) which should give your friend some idea about a starting point.
  • i use a Leica disto and a laser level to setup speakers, both tools under a hundred $ total
  • use blue tape on listening chair and or wall behind chair.
  • tweeters should not be aimed right at ears
  • check tilt also after careful measurement of both ear height and distance to speaker, verofy correct number of washers...
  • i am available for a telephone call to run thru setup...
  • zero toe in rare.....
I just got a new laser level and Bosch laser measuring tool.  Tomic, where should I have the tweeters pointing on a rear wall?  I have a long room and sit about 8' or so from the speakers.  Johnny set it up and I'm wanting to dial it in a spec.  I will say that after owning Treo's (non CT) and now Quatro's, the bass in my room is outstanding.  I have a lot with too many open walls so bass is brutal for me to get right. I may even get the new Vandy subs or just change out to Richard's new amps when they come out.  I may just not be getting the dynamic drive I want from teh Ayre AX5/20, but I think I probably do.  Hmmm.....choices..

Those 1's are sick good for the price.  I love the Belles Aria and have heard that the new Belles separates are SICK good.  Very cool for them. Will need to get down to Johnny's soon to hear all of them.  Will figure out getting a ride there, lol...
hi Pete...good tools are awesome

my ears are 36” from reflective back wall ( experimental  absortive panels on order )

laser hits wall about a foot outboard of ears, maybe a bit more..

@mr_m  ( Tim ) was over the other eve and comment on how it sounds, btw an awesome great guy !!!!
tomic601,

Jim. What a great time I had the other evening! Your Treo's sounded better than I've heard them set up anywhere else, including mine, and I have a sub! I always felt the Treo's bass on their own always sounded just a smidgeon light, not so with yours. Couldn't get over how natural they sounded with anything we listened to. Is that integrated a Naim Uniti Atom? Wow is that little thing impressive! I'm considering getting one too. Everything you played sounded great.  I'm am sure all that great sound came from your expertise in set up. You are an awesome person and you have a great wife!  She is so knowledgeable about this hobby. I was impressed!  Thanks for your warm hospitality, and the red wine. I had a wonderful evening at your place.
Cheers!
Tim