Core Power Technologies

Does anyone know, is Core Power Technologies still around? I was considering purchasing (2) Ec1200’s but don’t want to be in a holding pattern for the next year. Are they or (Mark) still in existence? What’s the lowdown or suggestion of comparable item.
128x128luvrockin
It is my understanding that the current design has been proven to handle 1200W continuous power load. A final change made to a component in the design to better reject heat should allow for up to 1800W continuous power.

Now, audio power is not always constant and there are transient peaks. At the same time, even with a Class A amp, it is VERY unlikely to even draw a constant 1200W of power.

The beta units did have a design flaw that was not caught initially. These issues have been resolved and engineering indicates that rugged testing has proven this to no longer be an issue. 

I am expecting a unit to test and evaluate.

I realize that the product was sold as an input solution for the 1800. It is possible however, that there was miscommunication between marketing and engineering. However, the new design is capable of handling much more power and this may now be a possible combination.

I personally would dedicate the Core Power unit to handle all line level and source components, but NOT the amp. I typically connect my high current amps directly to the wall.

Thanks,

Dan W.

Dan have you tried plugging your amps directly to an EQ1800?
I have a 5 channel BAT VK-6200 and the results are superb.
The EQ-1800 handles it easily.
No reduction is soundstage or dynamics on movies or music.
Hi, I believe that we DID do this actually at the show.  At shows, where power is SO BAD, I will do this as long as I know the power conditioner or isolation unit that I am using will be lossless.  In the case of the 1800, I agree that there should be no problem in doing so. We had GREAT sound at that show, with Deadalus speakers, Skogrand Cables and ModWright Electronics!  Truly great sound at that show!

With regards to the Deep Core, I am just hesitant until I test it further, insuring that the Deep Core itself will not current limit and can handle  this.

If the Deep Core can be used in this application, then it should be ideal.  I just can't confirm this until I test a current version of the Deep Core.

Thanks,

Dan
I have a Mark Levinson 23.5 which is powered into the EC-1800. I compared between direct to the wall and in to the 1800. I don't notice and reduction in dynamics, soundstage, bass response etc. therefore I opt to remain plugged in to the 1800. Everything seems a little quieter and background seems a bit blacker. Just my 2 cents for what they're worth. 

From what I have read, the EQUI=CORE products would appear to be good, and I know Mark was working on a 240Vac version for me and others on this voltage. Mark was also supposed to be modifying a Deep Core to do the same. Obviously there is a bit of work to do to make the product work firstly in the local market.

Thanks to Dan for keeping the information flowing. I hope Mark will do the same.