best amp platform/stand under VAC Renaissance 30/30 300b amp?

I have  vertical equipment rack that isnt very expensive but it is solid and has mass-filled pillars and mdf shelves. I have a slab of granite under most components, some with cones  between the component and the granite.
I have a good bit of headroom above my amp and would like to get a better platform under it. Any suggestions? I am pretty handy and could make one... Or buy one used if it werent more than a few hundred dollars. I am considering a thick butcher block, as one possibility. Thoughts?
montaldo
There are or were several Ikea products that worked very well as component stands. I remember reading about them many years ago, unfortunately I don't know if the products are still made.
There are companies online selling maple butcher blocks made to your specifications. And at very reasonable prices too! I bought one custom- made for my TT's! For your amps you can't go wrong this way!
I use the following Mapleshade "maple platform with isoblock suspension" under my VAC Renaissance 70/70 MkIII amplifier, on a bare wood floor. Seems to do the job, as evidenced in part by the absence of any audible response to nearby footfalls:

http://shop.mapleshadestore.com/21-x-19-x-4-Finished-Maple-Platform-With-Isoblock-Suspension/product...

Regards,
-- Al
As roxy said, look into Star Sound Technologies. I was introduced to Robert at AXPONA this year and he brought some platforms to put under my amp and speakers. The differences were NOT subtle and they were definitely for the better. I liked them so much I agreed to work with him and now he is my sole rack and platform guy.

His designs are for redirecting energy to the ground instead of ’eliminating’ them. You will never eliminate them, rather you will change the resonance of whatever you put your gear on (an audible change).