Solid core power cords under 300$ - List of manufacturers ?

I would like to try a 2nd hand solid core power cord under 300$

What are my options?

I know following manufacturers:

Audioquest (Copper)
Cabledyne (Silver)
Nordost (Silver plated copper)

DIY is also an option for me.
(my devices draw 15 watts only (1 streamer, 2 mono blocks ))
128x128zuio
" Romex will outperform any manufactured PC"
Not true, Romex uses low grade copper, has no shield and in some system configurations, would introduce noise. I have had that experience.
There's no reason to think that using high grade copper for a power cord would result in better power/sound, but yet, some get good results. 

No reason to think that having a power cord be of better quality than what is in the wall should give better results, but yet, some get that. 

Only thing that I know for sure, is that the only way to know is to try it. 

I would also suppose, that maybe much is dependent on what a particular house is wired with in the first place. I wonder if lath provides some sort of shielding? 
Here is one of the problems when solid wire in sizes like #14 or larger are used for a power cord. Even if the male plug uses a screw and terminal plate to terminate the solid wire, and, even when the screw/terminal plate is tight against the solid (straight piece) of wire any physical movement, bending of the cable at the plug, can cause the wire in the connection to become loose. With the IEC female connector usually a single set screw tightens down on the solid wire.  Any movement here causes an even looser connection. A loose connection can cause arcing. Arcing causes AC noise. Noise = distortion. It can also cause voltage drop across the arcing connection.

The only sure way to stop the connections from becoming loose from bending at the terminations is to solder the terminations after they have been tightened down.

Here's the challenge with using Romex as power cord.  What I have found through testing and experimentation is that the frequency response of your equipment is definitely affected by awg of solid core wiring of your power cord.  I have built multiple power cords using different size conductors (16awg, 18awg, 20awg, 22awg).  In all cases, I braided the conductors for hot/neutral/ground.  All power cords had multiple braids which equated an overall size of 12awg for the power cord itself.  I have found that with larger awg conductors (such as 16awg), I actually lost high frequency response.  18awg was okay, but with 16awg the sound started getting very "low fidelity".  Also, there was a blare/smear in the midbass/midrange (likely because of skin effect on the large 16awg conductors). 

When I went to using 22awg, I found that I had way too much emphasis on high frequencies and I lost power in bass/midbass.  I actually found that 20awg was the perfect center point where I had enough bass/midbass power and still enough high frequency response. 

If you choose to use 12awg or even 14awg romex for your final power cord, I think you will suffer in the results.  Most power cords are bundled stranded copper, with high amount of tiny strands (likely 28awg or 32awg strands).  I never had good results with stranded power cords, even using the ultra high grade OCC copper Furutech power cords.  It just didn't sound right.

That's why I like Audioquest as a power cord material.  They typically use 21awg for HOT conductors and 19awg for NEUTRAL conductors.  And it's always solid core conductors (except for their cheapest "X" series).  It's a good mix that averages out to my "20awg sweet spot".