Why is Oppo stopping products.

Just went to their website and they are no longer making new products. 
kw6
The timing is VERY suspicious.... just weeks into the "trade war" and Oppo dumps its California design team into the Pacific...... both my Oppo players have labeled on the back "Oppp Digital, California, USA".... but of course somewhere else it says made in China.  It seems to me they are cutting some US ties. 
Jeffrey,

Yes, if ISP’s start throttling/blocking competitors the whole streaming thing could go belly up. Then we would have a few years of market disruption before a new way of listening/purchasing music/movies would evolve. Even radio would be effected by this. We’ve become so depending on the internet it’s scary to think of it going away. Could you imagine having to make the decision between listening to the latest Favorite Musician tune or paying your Visa bill? Oh god, we would have to go back to writing and mailing checks and letters. No, stop, the horror! Excuse me, I need to get a frosty beverage.

I don’t like to speculate or assume anything, so when I see something I don’t understand, I pickup the phone or fire off an email.

Audiostick,

When I spoke to them, they said they had enough money in the bank to do another production run of players. Then, because disc players are moving so slow, they would have to wait a year or two or more to sell them. During that time, they would have to hope enough players sold each month to to make expenses. Or they could take that money, downsize the operation, and keep their current customers happy, and their remaining employees paid, for the next three years.

To be honest, when the Oppo 4K players were announced, I called up my dealer and said "I’m excited, put me on the list for one." And then, when they started to ship, I found out that there were no streaming apps. I was using some of those apps in my current player, and was disappointed about that. I spoke briefly with my Oppo dealer about this. And then, I drug my feet for about 6 months before I actually purchased the player. I wonder if I’m just a little responsible for this mess.

I’m sad to see Oppo close it’s doors. Over the years I’ve seen many audio companies that I liked come and go. I’ve spoke on the phone with many of them, met them at shows and dealers, and made some friends. When I look at what’s left of High End Audio, I just want to cry. Life move’s on, things change, learn to deal with it.

Mirolab,

You're hearing about it after the Trade War started.  The decision was made months ago.  When I purchased my Unit about 6 months ago, my Dealer actually hinted at it.  I had called to purchase a Subwoofer, and he said "If you're still on the fence about the Oppo, you better make your decision soon while I can still get product."  I ordered the Oppo later that day.
Yes OPPO 105D is the ultimate music streamer, 2k Blueray player. I stream Tidal, Berlin Digital Concert Hall through it, using iPad as control. I wish Oppo 205 had these app build in. But I have still registered an Oppo 205 4K player. 

I don't disagree with my dissenters on business models, but I disagree with the facts. 

I accept the possibility I could be wrong, but it does seem to me the were selling before the announcement. Now, if they WERE sitting on the shelves and dealers had too many, then my whole argument goes out the window. 

Further, just my opinion mind you, they were an easy sell. As far as I know, they were they only high end(ish) video player on the market, priced right between consumer disposables and high end (accessible to  anyone) and really easy to choose because you can plug them in any way, with any number of better components. 

Didn't look like a company on the way out, or in trouble in any way. 

Regarding "behind the scenes", trade war stuff and such, maybe? Stuff that we learn about usually exist BEFORE we learn about it. 
Basement,

Call Oppo.  

BTW - Just got off the phone with my Oppo Dealer.  He told me he was selling about 1 Unit/month.  Then Oppo made the announcement and he couldn't get enough of them.  

Also, I've heard through the grapevine that the Cambridge Audio CXUHD was using the same MediaTek platform/parts as the Oppo 203.  The CXUHD does not have analog outputs.  If you look at the two players, they look very similar.  I have not verified this with CA.

Sony has the UDB-X1000ES for $699 which is based on the Sony UDP-x800 at $299 retail.