Interconnects and non-believers

For anyone who denies there are differences in cables, I have news for you.
There are vast differences.  I just switched interconnects between my CD transport (Cyrus) and DAC (Schiit Gumby), and the result was transformational.  Every possible parameter was improved: better definition, better soundstaging,  better bass, better depth etc.
I can’t understand how any audiophile with ears can deny the differences.  Is it delusion or dogma?
128x128rvpiano
Prof,  I agree that the big names in cable are way too expensive.  I don't think I would spend the same amount again on my Transparent cables.  Good thing is, they have remained in place during the evolution of my system, so I now consider them a good value over time.  
Yes, the newbie should not be thrown off their goals by daunting prices but should also be aware of "...the limitations of inferior system interconnections."  Common advice is to "nail down the speakers", or "nail down your front end".  Connections tend to come in last, but not least--I consider the total of my interconnections as important as a component, in that, everything is additive.  
Not sure of what Belden offers in grain-free copper, but not sure what Transparent uses, either.  With today's ultra-pure copper available in DIY, I would also construct a speaker cable before buying.  I did find that OCC copper in bulk AC cable gave me the sweet clarity I was looking for and would recommend building before buying.  Interconnects are more complex but would be a good project.   
"Guys, if you don’t hear a difference... just don’t spend your $$, and let everyone else make their own decisions. You don’t need to make your opinion into a crusade"

The above quote is solid advice 
rvpiano,

My response to aalenik was meant to address the general concept of sonic differences between cables.  And since most of that debate centers around the claims of high end cables,  which we all know to be more expensive than the norm - I was referencing those.

That said, I can see how when I mentioned your post I conflated the issue of "higher prices" with your claim about "differences between cables."   Sorry.  That was sloppy of me.

That said, your claim that "There are vast differences" obviously falls within that much debated arena (which is why you made the post in the first place - acknowledging there are skeptics).  So, money aside, it's still an example of what I was arguing:  That if you voice an opinion that is in line with "cable obviously make sonic differences" then no one blinks an eye, even when it's made in a challenging (even derisive) way.  But should a skeptic voice some skepticism, he is accused of being dogmatic, harassing and out to wreak the fun of other people.  A sort of "sit down and shut up" implication if you don't go with the flow.

boxer12,

"Guys, if you don’t hear a difference... just don’t spend your $$, and let everyone else make their own decisions. You don’t need to make your opinion into a crusade"

The above quote is solid advice

So you don’t see any "crusading" about the original post? It’s rather obviously out to persuade (if not outright castigate) cable skeptics.
But if a skeptic speaks up it’s a "crusade?"

What if the quote you supported went like this:

Guys, if you hear a difference (between cables), just spend your $$ and let everyone else make their own decisions. You don’t have to make your opinion into a crusade."

Can I trust you would find that equally "solid advice?" Or is it only solid advice for one side of the opinion spectrum?

And if you would endorse the version I just wrote as well, then what should that imply about those who hear differences in cables? That they should stop talking about it, and posting all the claims that they heard differences? Certainly it would at least seem to implicate the OP as crusading.

See, this is the problem with saying only to one viewpoint "please shut up, we don’t need to hear your view."

It’s hard to be consistent.

The main problem is that aalenik’s post contained a sort of strawman: That people giving their own skeptical view are in some way "not letting" everyone else make their own decisions. Who isn’t being allowed to make their own decisions? It’s just that when some people voice their own skeptical view of cable differences, it seems to p*ss off those who are in to hearing the differences, and they want the skeptic to just button up.
Why can’t someone take hearing another view without it "ruining" or "stopping them making their own decision?" Knowledge is power, and it’s likely that views on both sides of the debate contribute some knowledge, so anyone can come to his or her own conclusions.

I think I solved this perplexing enigma as why I hear obvious differences with cables and fuses, and others think it is crazy.

Only last week I decided to try a new preamp ... the brand I will not mention.  When I had it in my system it sounded pleasant and sweet.  But, it masked any change I might try.  That is when I realized that when some people can not hear differences of cables... they really can't.