Just got ruined by a pair of Treo CTs

So, went down to my local hi-fi shop today and they just so happened to have a pair of Treos with the carbon tweeters on display. He put on a Donald Fagen record and my jaw dropped, the top end was just...blissful... just perfect. Hard to describe.
Immediately afterward I heard the magnepan 3.7. while sounding great, the Treos sounded substantially better IMO.
Ok..so was planning to get a brand new pair of model 2s at some point, now I'm not so sure. The Treos CTs cost $8500. Oh dear...
bstatmeister
Post removed 
Tastes and opinions change..... thank God we have choices

now let’s get those Quattro sounding right....
yes tastes do change.  I know mine have as I've grown older and heard better and better quality equipment.  I had Johnny Rutan come in and set them up properly.  I was amazed at how he set them up, but they are really sounding great.  It's amazing as to how great things can get with just a small adjustment here or there.

Taking the time to set up the rake of the Quatro and then getting teh bass right, should give you bliss.
tomic60.... I agree with you about the Vandersteen 1's. Have had the 1Ci's for a couple of years now with a Belles Aria integrated amp and every time I listen I hate to turn the damn thing off! I have to call BS on all the idiots out there that insist that great audio is not affordable... a luxury exclusively for those with deep pockets. The 1's may not be for everybody, but I dig them and they might just ruin a lot of people compared to anything anywhere near the price. Don't even get me started on the Aria...
@2chfreak  I am a current Treo CT user but when I went to John Rutan's Audio Connection to pick them up I had a great interaction with a pair of 1Ci's driven with Quicksilver amps.  I never would have believed the "gestalt" those speakers can have!