Interconnects and non-believers

For anyone who denies there are differences in cables, I have news for you.
There are vast differences.  I just switched interconnects between my CD transport (Cyrus) and DAC (Schiit Gumby), and the result was transformational.  Every possible parameter was improved: better definition, better soundstaging,  better bass, better depth etc.
I can’t understand how any audiophile with ears can deny the differences.  Is it delusion or dogma?
128x128rvpiano
Post removed 
@nonoise, you've got to be kidding me. Seriously you have to be joking.
 EVERYTHING about Audiogon is centered around the idea that entry level or mediocre equipment is not sufficient for enjoying music.
Otherwise everyone would have a Boombox and that's all they would ever need. Why the hell do we have preamplifiers selling for $10,000? If you need a $10,000 preamplifier to ENJOY music then you're an a**hole.

Come on man. You've been in the game for a long time like the rest of us. You know this.
Your statement of everything here having to do with evaluation vs. enjoyment is not the same as the above statement. That, and they are not mutually exclusive. In fact, evaluation and enjoyment  more often than not go together. 

If that statement was shorthand for your boombox quote, then far be if for me to be able to devine that since my crystal ball is on the fritz.

All the best,
Nonoise
I am still using a Pioneer cd player circa 1986 that I paid the grand sum of $25 for and it sounds pretty darn good to me.
I have some cables that cost many times that ....lol.

Maybe reverse expectation bias at play.
@Elizabeth, why didn't you type the beginning of my sentence which read,  "EVERYTHING about Audiogon is centered around the idea..."
I am not a snobbish audiophile. Quite the opposite actually. The whole purpose of Audiogon is to sell high-end audio equipment to people who feel they need high-end audio equipment to fully enjoy their music.

Otherwise, why else does this site exist?
Devilboy,

I never said cables always CHANGE the sound.

But you wrote:

Cables add their own flavor to the Sonic signature of your system. They are in fact, tone controls.

How does not imply that when you change audio cables, you change the sound? And you didn’t add any caveat like "sometimes."

Just for an example, if the wire inside of your components is X and the wire connecting those components is Y, then wouldn’t be logical to assume that you are adding something different to the signal?

In terms of altering the audible content of the signal?

No. That doesn’t necessarily follow at all.  That a cable carries a musical signal does not entail that it "flavors" the musical signal. A competent working cable shouldn’t "flavor" the sound, it just passes the signal along. If the cables within the component are not altering the signal within the audible spectrum, and the cable you attach to the component is not altering the signal within the audible spectrum...(and those are measurable) then there’s no reason to think one cable is "flavoring" the sound any differently than the other. No more than transferring your pictures or software from one computer to another will alter or "flavor" them differently. Sure analog isn’t as reliable as digital in terms of replication, but electrical theory is reliable enough to do a very good job at preserving fidelity. That’s pretty much why we have electrical theory to describe how you transmit a signal reliably among different cables, and the reasoning behind cable construction and selection in the first place. It’s why, for instance, in the interconnect cable tests I linked to, you saw essentially identical measurements among different cables, and no one could reliably tell the sound apart.

If every single cable altered the actual sound signal to the degree many audiophiles seem to assume, audio fidelity should be utterly horrible, given how many cables sound passes through from recording to mixing to mastering through all the components in consumer systems.