Converting cd's to high resolution audio

All my music is on cd's and my reading tells me that the cd itself has a limited shelf life and will degrade over time.
Any recommendations about converting my cd's to FLAC or some type of high quality music files. Not looking for
compressed files.
I see products such as the Blue Sound Music Vault and a Sony High Resolution Music Player.
Does anybody have any thoughts about how to accomplish this goal?

Thank you. 
128x128kjl1065
my reading tells me that the cd itself has a limited shelf life and will degrade over time.

I still have the first cd’s I bought in 1982 and they are still perfect, not a hint of degrading, I’d say a H/D would be less reliable than that.

But please don't provide misinformation about retrieving "more data", your simply not.
+1 on that

Cheers George
elizabethhow is the SA-10 settling into your system? Which cd player/transport(s) are you using w/ its DAC? Thank You.
Happy Listening!
Robert Harley did a piece about copying CDs and why they sounded better. Had something to do with taming jitter embedded in the source data stream. This results in better sounding music or letting the music that's already there come to the fore.
Post removed 
@elizabeth - You're right, keep it close to your vest. I always chuckle when some noob asks "what is the be version of this-or-that record?". Translation: "Tell me the best recording so I don't have to buy them all like you dummies did.".