Interconnects and non-believers

For anyone who denies there are differences in cables, I have news for you.
There are vast differences.  I just switched interconnects between my CD transport (Cyrus) and DAC (Schiit Gumby), and the result was transformational.  Every possible parameter was improved: better definition, better soundstaging,  better bass, better depth etc.
I can’t understand how any audiophile with ears can deny the differences.  Is it delusion or dogma?
128x128rvpiano
@devilboy 
 No one however, has made an argument to support the idea that if you really want to hear what your components sound like, theoretically, your interconnects will be the same wire that’s inside of your components. Why hasn’t anyone giving me an explanation for this? Please, please enlighten me.
I believe that has been discussed before, and it's been pointed out by a quote from some engineer who makes amps that wires under 6" or so don't make much of a difference so long as it's of a high purity. It's also borne out by the use of traces on circuit boards: they're so short that they negate the need for wire. 

Which takes that argument one silly step further: why not just use traces between components?

The same argument has been made for speaker wire and I've tried it and found that using the same type of wire is not the way to go. I've heard much better using different cabling. What helps to make up the component of the speaker doesn't translate to what connects the speaker.

Also, yes all cables are tone controls but some, in some areas, do the least amount of damage to the signal, in effect, getting out of the way of the signal. Your argument is just semantics run amok. Lighten up. 

With all due respect, what the hell are you doing on audiogon? This site is for people who care more about evaluation then pleasure.
Where the hell do you get off saying that? This site is all about both. Just look at any of the thousands of threads.

All the best,
Nonoise
@prof, I never said cables always CHANGE the sound. I'm not saying that if you have 100 different cables you will have 100 different sounds. I'm saying that a cable will always AFFECT the sound, and unless it's the same cable that's inside the components it will add its own sonic signature to those components.
Just for an example, if the wire inside of your components is X and the wire connecting those components is Y, then wouldn't be logical to assume that you are adding something different to the signal?

@nonoise, you've got to be kidding me. Seriously you have to be joking.
 EVERYTHING about Audiogon is centered around the idea that entry level or mediocre equipment is not sufficient for enjoying music.
Otherwise everyone would have a Boombox and that's all they would ever need. Why the hell do we have preamplifiers selling for $10,000? If you need a $10,000 preamplifier to ENJOY music then you're an a**hole.

Come on man. You've been in the game for a long time like the rest of us. You know this.

@devilboy I critique as I listen. Well 90% of the time. Some music, depending on the source will sound different. for example, my vinyl music definitely sounds different to my streamed music. I and very focussed on vinyl, more than likely because of the constant attention it needs, whereas streaming is just that.

My point is that the system in essence stays the same, but the source changes the music quality. I do not expect that my system will sound appreciably different if I went on a spending spree and upgraded my interconnects or speaker cable for a few thousand.

If I spent that on component upgrades, I would most likely hear a qualitative improvement.

My "unqualified" opinion, in that I am not qualified by way of in depth theory or extensive listening of a huge number of different cable combinations, is based on my own system and the numerous friends and HiFi listening rooms. To this time, and I haven't achieved "nirvana", I don't see the immediate need to rewire my system at exorbitant cost.

Having said that, I cannot dispute that some listeners appreciate the change in the way a system sounds after changing (a) cables. That is their fair and right opinion.

Post removed 
@nonoise, you've got to be kidding me. Seriously you have to be joking.
 EVERYTHING about Audiogon is centered around the idea that entry level or mediocre equipment is not sufficient for enjoying music.
Otherwise everyone would have a Boombox and that's all they would ever need. Why the hell do we have preamplifiers selling for $10,000? If you need a $10,000 preamplifier to ENJOY music then you're an a**hole.

Come on man. You've been in the game for a long time like the rest of us. You know this.
Your statement of everything here having to do with evaluation vs. enjoyment is not the same as the above statement. That, and they are not mutually exclusive. In fact, evaluation and enjoyment  more often than not go together. 

If that statement was shorthand for your boombox quote, then far be if for me to be able to devine that since my crystal ball is on the fritz.

All the best,
Nonoise