Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
dhoff01
I have a query about Accuphase power amps. Check your email (PM) here.
Happy Listening!
Hi Dhoff01, I noticed on AVS that you have in your procession what I believe to be Audiophile Nirvana. The CS 3.7 Gibson signed by no one other than Les Paul himself.  Congrats, what do you run them with?  

Has any one heard anything on Datasat? AV processor and amps? is it a match for all Thiel HT?

Dan 

jafant - just sent you a reply.

Dan - thanks for the note.  I use an Accuphase A50 amp, a Cary SLP-05 pre, an Ayre P5xe phono pre, a VPI Aries II with a Shelter cartidge and an Ayre qb9 DSD dac. Kind of an eclectic mix, but it works for me :)
Hi dancastagna,

I’m afraid there are just too many options, combinations and permutations of pre/processors and amps for you to have a definitive, singular solution. Tom’s advice will certainly help narrow the field, but in the end, I think you will need to audition as best you can the variety of amps and processors to see which one best suits your taste in music and movies.

When I decided to move up from the Anthems, I found that I preferred the more upfront presentation of the Brystons compared to the laid back attitude of the McIntoshes. And there is enough power and synergy from the amps that the music created with the Bryston/Thiel combo just sounds great to me despite the fact that the 28B amps don’t double down from 8ohm to 4ohm. There have been several recommendation from members here as to brands with which you can begin your search. While this can be a huge inconvenience, I find that the journey can be part of the fun...at least before you have to part ways with your hard-earned money!
I would certainly like to hear if anyone has paired their Thiels with a Datasat processor as well, and what they thought of the sound.