Just got ruined by a pair of Treo CTs

So, went down to my local hi-fi shop today and they just so happened to have a pair of Treos with the carbon tweeters on display. He put on a Donald Fagen record and my jaw dropped, the top end was just...blissful... just perfect. Hard to describe.
Immediately afterward I heard the magnepan 3.7. while sounding great, the Treos sounded substantially better IMO.
Ok..so was planning to get a brand new pair of model 2s at some point, now I'm not so sure. The Treos CTs cost $8500. Oh dear...
bstatmeister
@stereo5 

doubt that high end loudspeakers are in inflation basket of goods but $1 in 1992 is $1.79 in 2018
.... looks like the Frugal Dutchman of Hanford has been doing pretty good....

your 2ci would be $2140 no stands and hopefully we might agree that the upgrades to current status 2 are worth the premium above inflation... ?

i sold a ton of 1b in 1985 for $660 a pair, pretty sure if I ran those numbers he has beat inflation by a bunch

just my $.02 in 2018 money...
Yup
$660 in 1985 = $1,540 today
no stands in 1985
stands are about $150 additional today

here is my take of a killer system:

Mofi Table
Ortofon bronze
Quicksilver, Belles, or Rogue Integrated
Steen 1ci

decent wires
add a BlueSound or Aries Mini...

holy cow
"As for driving them, they are very very easy to drive. Not a difficult load at all."

Any other 85dB/2.83v/1m speaker I've owned, even at 8ohms (vs. the Treo 6ohms) required solid power to sound good. These must be an 
exception. 
The experience is true typically of any given brand. Listen to a lower model, then compare to a higher one and... watch your wallet hemorrhage cash! ;) 

Passion many times costs more, but yields intense experiences not reproducible with lesser products. 
Wow, what a great system Tomic.  I love that Belles integrated. Would drive the heck out of the Treo CT's and it's less than 2k, lol.  Talk about making them more affordable.  That's teh cool thing about Vandersteen, they really are an easy load. As long as you feed it good power, they will perform. They just scale better than many speakers, so you will get full enjoyment the better amps you hook them up to.  Not all companies can say that about their speakers.