Tonearm Suggestions For Technics Sp15 Under 5k

Im going to get a Technics Sp15 and looking for the perfect musical Arm that is a synergistic match for it. Any suggestions?
vinny55
Luxman PD-444 is better than Technics Sp-10mkII, main reason is the aluminum plinth which is not removable. Those Luxmans cost is at least 2-3 times higher than SP10mkII. As you can see i use two tonearms on each of my PD-444, it’s important for me as i’m still searching for "my sound". Some short 9 inch arms are impossible to mount on Technics because it has square metal cabinet. Luxman is like Victor TTs, there is more room around the platter.

I’m sure the price for Sp-10mkII will drop sooner or later, new Technics turntable will change the market for used old Technics. I think i made a smart move by selling it before it’s too late.

I don’t need the arms with knife edge bearings, so i never tried SME or Saec, and to be honest i don’t even want to try them. They are available everyday everywere.

I replaced my Lustre GST-901 with Fidelity-Research FR-64fx for FR-7f cartridge and i love it, absolutely amazing combination. My Lustre has been rewired with Discovery wire, but i like FR better with stock wire. I’m not crazy about the wires as many older guys on this forum and i don’t care about silver "bullets". I’m trying to be more practical. I’m sure the good tonearm must be good in stock condition, of course i use new external wires.

I prefer Victor over the Lustre for practical reason, it’s pretty easy to swap cartridges and set up everything quickly. But My Grace F14, Victor X-1, X-1II, Audio-Technics AT-ML170 impressed me pretty much on Victor UA-7045 tonearm. The armrest on Victor is the best which is helping to keep the cart safe. Really nice arm, designed by smart people, and you don’t loose much cash with it. I like SONY PUA-7 for the same reasons, also very well designed arm.

I like EPA-100 and EPA-100 mkII, but they are much more expensive tonearms. Having EPA-100 mkII i don’t need Rega, Stax, Micro Seiki or AT arms, i’m sure they are not in the same category, but this is my intuitive feelings only (except Micro MAX237 which is just too expensive).

Schick tonearm is like the old Ortofon, but with better german bearings, all new Ortofon made by Jelco. I’ve seen/heard Jelco on Technics SL1210mk2, but for MM cartridges i don’t think Jelco is better, the effective mass is heavier. I don’t like the mainstream products, i don’t believe in today’s mainstream, all my cartridges are from the 70s and 80s (different era). New tonearms mostly designed for modern cartridges, high compliance carts are out fashioned today, so why do i need a modern arm, i can’t buy many of them as the good ones cost many thousands. I bought Reed 3p "12 as a demo much cheaper, it’s innovative design, the price for new one is about 5k Euro.

I will not give you a sonic conclusions, sorry, i’m not reviewer and it is very subjective, also system (cartridge) dependant.

And BTW you can not ask about every tonearm on the forum, just buy some of them, try them, make your own conclusions. For the same reason i ended up with 5 tonearms, sold some, bought some, always like that.
I had an SP15 for emergency use, and paired it with a very good tonearm and cartridge - quite disappointing. With an upgraded Rega RB300 it was fine, perhaps because expectations were lower. But it was no SP10.
https://www.audiogon.com/listings/lis8id5h-pbn-audio-groovemaster-technics-sp10-mk2-turntables

The New Jelco TK950L could be fitted to this table - you’d need a special cartridge for 78Rpm - the Jelco has removable head shell making the cartridge swap easy - it even comes with a digital cartridge scale. 

Ive been playing the Jelco TK950L the past week or so - it’s a completely new game for Jelco - unbeatable at its asking price.

The SP10-Mk2 above does 78Rpm 

Yes it’s my Listing 😄

Good Listening 

Peter 
@pbnaudio yes it does but no pitch control on sp10mk2

How would you describe your new Jelco sonically speaking? What table you using it on
@terry9 in what way?

@chakster i just found out the sp15 im getting comes in a solid thick dense plinth and comes with a black systemdeck tomearm. Sounds interesting huh?