Absolute top tier DAC for standard res Redbook CD

Hi All.

Putting together a reference level system.
My Source is predominantly standard 16/44 played from a MacMini using iTunes and Amarra. Some of my music is purchased from iTunes and the rest is ripped from standard CD's.
For my tastes in music, my high def catalogues are still limited; so Redbook 16/44 will be my primary source for quite some time.

I'm not spending DCS or MSB money. But $15-20k retail is not out of the question.

Upsampling vs non-upsampling?
USB input vs SPDIF?

All opinions welcome.

And I know I need to hear them, but getting these ultra $$$ DAC's into your house for an audition ain't easy.

Looking for musical, emotional, engaging, accurate , with great dimension. Not looking for analytical and sterile.
mattnshilp
Thanks Steve.  So should I use one of my extra LPS's with my router and my modem? I have two extra's from Wyred for Sound sitting there that I can use for both of them I think (any reason I couldn't?).  

So should I use one of my extra LPS's with my router and my modem?

Worth a try for the router.  I would not bother with the modem.

These need to be fast-reacting, which most LPS are not.  The Sboosters are I think.

Steve N.

Fast-reacting qualities of a power supply is not talked about with manufacturers/reviews much less actual published measurements.

For those here who use optical interface in their Ethernet network, do you noticed improvement with LPS in your internet switch or router located before conversion to the optical signal?
Yes' there is an improvement using LPS for the router and FMC , Im using the W4S LPS1 and do not know if its fast acting or not but there is clearly an audible difference with the LPS then without. I even have the LPS,s plugged into a power conditioner. 

For the FMC nearest the Dac I use a battery. I actually have 2 batteries for this so when one runs down I simply hook up the 2nd battery.

Ok, so now I won't freak out about not using this LPS unit that I purchased.  I will use it for the router.  

Ketch, you need to call later today if you are able to.  We really need to catch up.  I read Steve's thoughts on the optical conversion and added jitter.  I am now wondering if one of the filters may be better sounding.  

I think that's one of the biggest things in the basic ethernet connection to the network for servers etc..  I stream Tidal, so I need to be hooked up to the net.  Probably going to use the Audioquest Diamond ethernet to the Eero nest type router.  If this IS my set up eventually, I need to figure out (with help guys ;) ) what filter or isolation to do.  Thanks all.