Thumbs up for ultrasonic record cleaning

My Cleaner Vinyl ultrasonic record cleaner arrived today and it’s impressive.

Everything I’d read indicated that ultrasonic was the way to go, and now I count myself among the believers. Everything is better - records are quieter, less ticks and pops, more detail etc.

All my records had been previously cleaned with a vacuum record cleaner and were well cared for. Nonetheless, the difference is obvious and overwhelmingly positive.

Phil
phil0618
I would like to hear from some experienced US user of the Kirmuss cleaner as well.
It’s been a while since I looked hear. Glad to see the continuation of this thread!

Here’s my current method. As you all may have noticed, I go in steps so I can evaluate things better.

(1) Use Audio Intelligent (Down With Dirty) mixed at 1&1/2 oz per 16 oz of distilled water...spread onto a lp. Then steam off. Both sides.
(2) The US bath.... Eight oz. of Versa-Clean, 1 & 1/2 tsp. of Photo-flo, to the 2 gallons of distilled water in my 6 quart tank. (40Hz)
(3) 45 minute bath at 45C
(4) Rinse at my sink with the sprayer with hot tap water. Then a final once over with a bottle of distilled water
(5) Vacuum on my 16.5 after the lp is dried manually.

Right now, I don’t think I need a 40:1 tank solution as I do the pre-steam method above. Time will tell.

BTW, the sonic difference between a 30 minute/45 minute bath is noticeable and welcome in my way of doing things.
Post removed