Does anyone leave their amp and preamp on all the time?

I listen most nights after work. I find that the system takes a while to warm up and sounds it's best if it has been shut off. So I leave it on. I always have and this is vintage stuff. The amp is a 25/25 Bedini class A. It stays warm but never hot. It has never caused an issue but recently I've been speaking with others that were stunned that I would do this. So let me know if I'm the only one that lets it run. Do you shut off the equipment after each session?
vinylfan62

No. I do not leave my equipment on all the time.

I have noticed that my equipment sounds wonderful with about 30-45 minutes of warm up.  So, when I come home from work I turn everything on, do my chores or what not and then when its time to sit and listen, I'm good to go.

Other reasons why I don't leave them on:

1. Energy waste.

2.  potential for fire hazard.  Other than my refrigerator and wine coolers, everything else is off.  Leaving equipment powered up when not at home is asking for trouble.

I have a Krell KBX electronic crossover with internal circuitry specific for my Martin Logan Monolith III speakers.  There is no power switch for the crossover or the external power supply.  Therefore, unless I unplug it, it is always on.  One day I came home to a house filled with a burning smell. It was the crossover. a couple of components failed and were cooking.  it was a fire waiting happen.  This was a  lesson learned for me.

All of my low level equipment (crossover, pre-amp, DAC, CD transport, Turn Table power supply, phono stage) are all plugged into my Transparent Audio conditioner, which is in turn plugged into a dedicated line.  My amps have their own dedicated lines. So, when I'm done listening, I turn amps off, and unplug the power conditioner.

When I leave for more than a few days for a trip/vacation, I unplug everything.

Jaw dropping differences for high end equipment are quite rare.  subtle differences yes, but jaw dropping, not really.  So, when my equipment is warmed up, I am very good.

enjoy

Also, I forgot the other reason..

Tube amps and pre-amps left on will quickly end the life of tubes.  Unless the equipment has stand by circuitry that remove load and voltage from the tubes.

Typically 2000 hours for the power tubes. Leave the amps on 24/7 and see how long those tubes will last.  Too expensive.

enjoy

Bel Canto actually recommends ref1000m amps remain powered for optimal performance.   I do most of the time except if away for more than a day, thunderstorms, etc.. 

Please stop with the "fire risk" posts. In the 29 years I was a firefighter and even longer as an audiophile I never saw a fire that was caused by leaving stereo gear on. The one electrical fire I do remember was a young girl left her fan on in her room, the fan possibly fell over, and overheated and shorted out and totally engulfed her room. Incipient, smoldering, and free burning. The three stages of a fire. I leave my CD player and D'Agostino Progression monoblocks on. If I will be away from home more than a week then the amps go into standby.