New Rega Planar 6

Just got a new Rega Planar 6 and Dynavector 20x cartridge—replacing an aged 25+ years)Well Tempered Turntable with Dynavector 10x.  It’s only been a few hours but I’m impressed so far—and it’s nice not to have all that fluid sloshing around and the multiple adjustments (in my case mis adjustments) of the WTT. The Rega seems just right in terms of features, adjustability and-of course-sound.   Back to listening.  More after some time.  
fast
@mofimadness +1

I've seen the spilled silicone of some friends' WTTs never really clean off.  Interesting, and in fact, unique product.  But not the rig for me.

Also strongly agree on the Planar 6
I had a Rega RP-6 and now have a WT Amadeus Mk.ll. While I agree with a lot of what the OP said how the two compared in operation, the WT is a much better sounding table. I still think the P-6 is a cool table for the money. You can't go wrong in purchasing one. IMO.
Just to clarify— the Rega P6 was replaced recently by the Planar 6.  The Planar 6 has multiple improvements including a better tonearm, platter, “plinth” and power supply. Before the upgrade, the less expensive Planar 3, which came out a while ago, actually had a better tonearm than the next step up in the Rega line (which was the P6). Now the Planar 3 and 6 have the same tonearm. A little confusing.   My new turntable is the upgraded Planar 6.  
Just to clarify— the Rega P6 was replaced recently by the Planar 6.  The Planar 6 has multiple improvements including a better tonearm, platter, “plinth” and power supply. Before the upgrade, the less expensive Planar 3, which came out a while ago, actually had a better tonearm than the next step up in the Rega line (which was the P6). Now the Planar 3 and 6 have the same tonearm. A little confusing.   My new turntable is the upgraded Planar 6.   
You beat me to it.  The older RP (ARE-PEE) 6 and the new PLANAR (PLAY-NER) 6 are pretty different.  I told Roy Gandy many years ago how confusing the models number were, but oh well.

Not sure if you knew, but the company's name was formed of the initials of its two founders (Tony RElph & Roy GAndy).  Little trivia there.
I know the differences between the RP-6 and the Planar 6. But I would be willing to bet both units would still have a similar Rega TT signature sound between them.