Why Isnt Techincs 1200 Considered Audiophile?

Technics is known for its rock solid build quality low wow flutter, low noise rock steady speed, great torque and powerful motor so why isnt it given the accolades as a musical turntable?
vinny55
I just purchased the 1210GR with a mofi MasterTracker cart and the performance is very satisfying.  I too was a little concerned about the DJ history since this was my first (well second because I returned the Rega P3 after 1 day)but reading all the reviews and listening to the recommendations of my dealer I have not been disappointed
This is an interesting topic. Here’s an observation.

My sl1200 mk2 vs $10,000 tt (you pick the model), I’m fine with mine being considered non-audiophile or not as musical.

What happens when a $50,000 tt (model picked by it’s passionate owner) joins the conversation? 

Is the $10,000 table still considered audiophile? Or musical?

I don’t think there is a correct answer, but my opinion is there are 
two main camps- 

Most gear below mine (investment wise) are not audiophile/ musical and those above are audio jewelry and really don’t offer substantial gain- 

or

Gear differs in musicality, there is no cutoff or magic number. We’re all working within a budget/ constraint/ preference that hopefully gives us enjoyment and return that justify our investment.

The best advice I have gained from these forums is from those in the second camp. 

Regards,
gary
Hello again, glupson - 
Sorry for any confusion.  While I do get a kick out of listening to old vinyl, the table isn't all that old.  Purchased in this century  :-) (around 2007 as I recall) from KAB Electro Acoustics.  If you have a vintage Technics table you'd like to get "tuned up", consider talking to Kevin at KAB.  
Link here:

https://www.kabusa.com/frameset.htm?/

Apologies if I'm telling you something you already know.

I'm listening to that Mofi Mastertracker on my 1200 GR right now.  I bought the Mofi cartridge on the suggestion of my dealer without auditioning it first (not usual for me, but his advice has always been spot on).  There was little on the 'net about it.  I just took a chance, and was amply rewarded!  This is a very good cartridge, maybe not as revealing as the 2M black but perhaps a trifle easier on the ears and noticeably low surface noise.  I have compared it to a dozen or so cartridges on the 1200 GR, and while each cart has its pros and cons, this is the one that gets the most play.
I have no idea regarding the pedigree of this cartridge, but it does remind me somewhat of my AT 440 mlb, but smoother and less grain.  Sounds great with my Schiit Mani, but accommodates a better phono-pre nicely. Sounded fantastic through a Sutherland Insight, my Frankenstein PAS 3x (heavily modified and bypassed pre-amp gain stage) and an old Marantz 1200 (pre-out).  I have an Odyssey Suspiro on its way (mostly for MC), but I'm guessing this will be the cat's pajamas with the MasterTracker.
Since I have setup my Technics this morning and have listened to a couple of records. IMO; Ralph is being modest when he says that he has gotten excellent results.

The results are astonding. I have heard the stock. It is a good TT and dare I say it; A good value.

Setup with a good tonearm and cartridge; I think that A Lot of the other TT makers should be starting to Sweat. And I will say it again. I consider that I now have a Great Value compared to other TTs in this price range and above.

I need to go do some errands right now. Just going to let the system cook with a CD on repeat and try to finish my errands Quickly!!!