Why Isnt Techincs 1200 Considered Audiophile?

Technics is known for its rock solid build quality low wow flutter, low noise rock steady speed, great torque and powerful motor so why isnt it given the accolades as a musical turntable?
vinny55

Showing 3 responses by nkonor

Have not read the entire thread yet. Just arrived home with my new modded Technics SL1200G ( Thanks Ralph and Tri) with Triplanar tonearm and Lyra Kleos mounted. Very tired after a long drive. Will set it up in the morning.

Can hardly wait!!!
Since I have setup my Technics this morning and have listened to a couple of records. IMO; Ralph is being modest when he says that he has gotten excellent results.

The results are astonding. I have heard the stock. It is a good TT and dare I say it; A good value.

Setup with a good tonearm and cartridge; I think that A Lot of the other TT makers should be starting to Sweat. And I will say it again. I consider that I now have a Great Value compared to other TTs in this price range and above.

I need to go do some errands right now. Just going to let the system cook with a CD on repeat and try to finish my errands Quickly!!!
fastdart69;chakster,

Both are correct. 

The Audiophile community now has a brand new HighEnd TT at a Bargain / Value price. Many will be modding with a HighEnd tonearm and get the most out of the cartridge of their choice.

The SQ that I am getting from this rig is astounding. I consider that I got it at a bargain price and have superior value.  IMHO.

Best to All on this Journey 

Best to All on this Journey