Revel Salon 2’s (used) or new Magico A-3 (new) ??

Have recently heard the Salon 2’s and think they are incredible. (I owned the Salon 1’s previously
and now own Golden Ear Triton Reference)
i love the Refs, and they can be considered keepers for sure, but think I may like the Salon 2’s
more, but of coarse did not hear them in my house. 
I have heard them twice now, and was super impressed (as was my wife the last time) and think
i May make the plunge.

My budget for this last speaker purchase will be ~$11k ish, give or take. So having said that, the other speaker on my radar is the new to be released Magico A-3, but don’t think I can have a pair in my hands for another 3-4 months.

Has anyone heard the new Magico at Axpona, that has experience with he Salon 2’s?

I’m solid on Salon 2 if I can find the right deal (have seen them going for $9k now) I may grab
a pair. I have a local pair lined up for $11k. 

So, wanted to take a brief poll and see if anyone has the experience with the two pair in question.

Thanks in advance!

telescope_trade
Tdimler,

Thanks! Funny you ask right now as I am thinking about trying something and was going to start a thread on it.

As of right now, I am using a pair of PS Audio Stellar M700 monos, and GCD preamp. Sounds great, but wondering if class D is truly the way to go, so thinking about that long term.

Also have a low powered tube integrated (MastersounD DueVenti) that is BNIB And has been up for sale, but no takers. I stopped and bought a cheap $19.95 DAC at Altex just to try it. 😳

It is supposed to be a super fine amp, But is very low power 10 W/PC Triode, 20 W/PC Pentode. I asked Revel, and they simply said “try it” LOL! SO...i think
i may as well since no one seems to want it.

Drinking a few brews first to syke myself out to even open it LOL!

Stay tuned!

Of the speakers that have been listed here and at the price point you are looking to be at I would buy the Legacy Focus SE..These are store demo units (listed here). You could have a great speaker and keep $4k in your pocket. On another site I saw a pair of Aeris with an asking price of real close to your desired budget...With all that being said I'm so glad that I've found my "for life speaker". I really am sold on the Legacy sound, and my Focus SE's keep me in total musical bliss...  
Thanks cb5300,

I bought the Revel Salon 2’s already, and trying them with different amps. I agree with you on Legacy having owned the Focus SE previously, and just sold an original pair of Focus last week. Thought about buying a current version (My ribbon SE’s were the model before the latest ones now).
But when we heard the Revels at a local shop, we had to have them. So, that
is where I am at now.
Been running the new PS Audio stellar series on them and they sound great, but last night, I unboxed a Mastersound DueVenti Integrated amp that I have for sale, and it sounds fab! Only 10 W/pc pure class A (20 In Pentode) and seeing if I can live with the power long term. So far, I can’t believe what it’s doing on the “power hungry” Salons!

And only using a $19 DAC bought from an electronics store. 😳 So a good DAC is next on the list ASAP.

Congrats! I was shopping in the $10k price range for a 26x18x7 room and as much as I liked the Kanta2 I thought they were too small to hold together at Rockin' spl's. I also listened to the contour 60 and while it was a brief demo they were very nice, flippin' huge tho! I had a pair of beethovens and really wanted that sound so I bid on "the music" here but stopped at $10k because shipping would have added another $1400! The f228be sounds great also but I still think the f208 is the best bargain in hifi...a pair of salon2's came up locally and I went to listen, I own the Salon1 and the first time I heard the salon2 was in a dry room (1 wall solid windows!)  they had no midrange so I walked, my 2nd demo was in a treated room with ML 536 mono's driving them and I couldn't believe they were the same speakers! I made an offer and currently enjoy them. That doesn't take away from all the speakers I didn't buy, and I may sell these down the road and try something else, but i'm really enjoying these now!
Thanks Steve,

Yes they are great speakers for sure! Have you tried spiking them? I have not yet, but hear it’s pretty essential!? May do it today.
I also still own (just bought less than two weeks ago) a pair of Golden Ear Triton Refs. Tempted to try them with the MastersounD amp as they are 93.5db, but don’t feel like dragging them back in. I currently have them For sale, but no takers yet. I can’t keep both! 😳