Absolute top tier DAC for standard res Redbook CD

Hi All.

Putting together a reference level system.
My Source is predominantly standard 16/44 played from a MacMini using iTunes and Amarra. Some of my music is purchased from iTunes and the rest is ripped from standard CD's.
For my tastes in music, my high def catalogues are still limited; so Redbook 16/44 will be my primary source for quite some time.

I'm not spending DCS or MSB money. But $15-20k retail is not out of the question.

Upsampling vs non-upsampling?
USB input vs SPDIF?

All opinions welcome.

And I know I need to hear them, but getting these ultra $$$ DAC's into your house for an audition ain't easy.

Looking for musical, emotional, engaging, accurate , with great dimension. Not looking for analytical and sterile.
mattnshilp
Recently purchased the Denafrips Pontus dac at Axpona . I'm still getting to know this piece, however what this dac does with redbook cd's  is truly worth the price of admission. After making a couple of changes in digital cables, the music is so there and lifelike it will make you giggle and smile at what you're hearing. Sound stage is impressive and micro detail will give you what everyone wants..hearing new music in old music. 
I'm hoping to write a review of the Pontus and what it sounds like in my room when I get the time. But for redbook, this one is hard to beat.
DHT do not run hot in the GG or Pac as they only operate at 5% or rated capacity. the rectifiers do run hot though. They can all be hot swapped.

I will as Fred, the US distrib when he will have a demo unit available.
Only a few Pac have so far been released in the wild...like about 10. I hear they are now ready to ramp up and do about 5 a week.

AL who heard one at home which he borrowed from a pal is trying to figure out which kidney to sell. LoL
As AL said, the Pac is next level shyt...and he heard the MSB select 2 on 3 occasions in store demo sessions.
Maybe we can arrange a Pre-delivery and then they can come over for the shootout after letting it settle for a week or two, and pick up thereafter. Would be VERY fun!