Revel Salon 2’s (used) or new Magico A-3 (new) ??

Have recently heard the Salon 2’s and think they are incredible. (I owned the Salon 1’s previously
and now own Golden Ear Triton Reference)
i love the Refs, and they can be considered keepers for sure, but think I may like the Salon 2’s
more, but of coarse did not hear them in my house. 
I have heard them twice now, and was super impressed (as was my wife the last time) and think
i May make the plunge.

My budget for this last speaker purchase will be ~$11k ish, give or take. So having said that, the other speaker on my radar is the new to be released Magico A-3, but don’t think I can have a pair in my hands for another 3-4 months.

Has anyone heard the new Magico at Axpona, that has experience with he Salon 2’s?

I’m solid on Salon 2 if I can find the right deal (have seen them going for $9k now) I may grab
a pair. I have a local pair lined up for $11k. 

So, wanted to take a brief poll and see if anyone has the experience with the two pair in question.

Thanks in advance!

telescope_trade
Mr M. that is not FACTS you don’t reference anything other then conjucture. You have not copied and pasted anything from any thread which proves we "dissed" your speakers.

If we said your speakers sound a particular way, and that is not inlign with your opinion that is just that an OPINION and as you know OPINIONS differ. One audiophiles "musical" is another audiophiles "dull and boring."

If you actually read any of our posts we never said that any of our products destroy or are better, we might say you may prefer them or they might be better in these areas such as imaging or resolution, or we might have said that this model challenges or you may prefer this model at half the price.

We would be willing to bring our $7k Legacy Signatures and compare them to a well loved $14k set of speakers here that have built in amps, no problem bring on the challange.

In fact if you reference Ricred1 thread about the Pesonas we told him we didn’t think that the Personas would "destroy" however Contuzzi did,  his Monitor 500 but pointed out the difference between the two and we advised him to seek even better electronics than his Rowland and keep his Monitors.

We dd tell him that if he was seeking a more exciting sound then he may like the Personas, that is hardly saying they will destroy the Monitors

As per consulting with us and advice, unless you have worked one on one with us you have 0 idea about us. If we came into your home and made a few changes and made your system sound a lot better in the ways you like that my friend is working and consulting with someone. Making specific recommendations about things you can add or exchange to bring out what you desire in your system that is consulting.

That is the difference between having a discussion in a forum and having actual experience.

Dave and Troy
Audio Doctor

I've had many conversations with Audiotroy. He has never recommended that I sell my speakers,  but instead has suggested several ways to get the best sound our of my Monitor Audio PL 500's. I hope to visit his store in June. I don't agree with everything he said,  but based on our conversations he has earned my trust/respect. Audio is really personal preferences, not absolutes. 

Audiotroy is spot on regarding his past comments on the Dali Epicon 6 speaker. This is another speaker that should be considered. In many ways it is the perfect speaker for those of us that have our listening space in a shared living room. They are not too big, gorgeous looking and the sound quality is simply top notch. 
My preference would be for the Sonus Faber Amati Homage used under $9k would be my first choice.  Second choice would be the Revel's.  Next down would be the much cheaper Magnepans if I had the room for them.  Im still very happy with my innersound electrostats.  
Telescope for $10k those viennas may be your ticket. The Vienna sound is very liquid big soundstage.

The build quality of that speaker is impressive and the tonality is on the more rich side of neutral so if you like the overall Golden Ear sound but want more that may be your ticket.,

If you like the added clarity of the Salons then that is a good direction.

The Salons have better overall clarity then the Golden Ears but are a bit more midrange and treble prominent.

You should also hear the Sopra 2 which is a warmer yet detailed presention then what you have.

Dave and Troy
Audio Doctor NJ