Y No YG ?

Hi Everyone, 

It just occurred to me that I never see YG Acoustics mentioned. With exotic cabinets and driver manufacturing, I would think they'd be discussed as often as Wilson, B&W or Magico. 

Personally I haven't heard them, but I like their brochures! 

Best,

E
erik_squires
They seem to maybe be more respected than loved?  Note they're never bought by reviewers even after positive reviews.  Too much science, not enough art?  Too much lab, not enough listening?  Kind of reminds me of Halcro in a way. 

It's a cost no object luxury product.  Lots of money is spent on things that don't make it perform better and don't even make it look any better.  It's pure vanity.  You've got something that most people can't afford and that knowledge makes you less miserable.  meh.  

"Not only the cones, but all the metal parts in the Sonja, including the trim rings around the drivers—even the biwiring binding posts—are made by YGA. The aluminum panels that form the enclosures are milled from large sheets of aluminum."
My friends who were Veloce partnered with them at shows, and provided the preamplifier and power amplifiers, both to stellar reviews.  They felt honored to have YG choose them, and thought the loudspeakers sounded exceptional.

I've personally heard them, and also felt impressed.  That said, maybe I come across as a bit of a fraud, but I would never spend that sort of money for any audio product