Why are LCDs more popular than plasma?

I have a rough time seeing differences in picture quality between brands and models, but the difference between plasma and LCD are overt even to me. When I go to bestbuy, fry's, etc. and gaze at their displays of flatpannels, plasma televisions just look beautiful, despite the reflections, while LCDs just remind me of working on my laptop. Is there more merit to the quality of LCD than I observe or is there some other reason LCDs outnumber plasmas?
ohlala
Rw, was that a bit out of line?, I assume he watches while he is working.
I cant get out of the house because of health reasons and I find myself watching alot of TV, so I guess I am pathetic also?
There is a 3rd choice, which is DLP, or in Sony's case, SXRD. I like Sony's LCDs better than any plasma I've seen under $10K (Sony doesn't make plasma and I'm not sure they ever did), including Pioneer Elite, etc., etc. I find the SXRD a much better value than the LCD with a GREAT picture. The new Sony SXRDs are definitely worth considering, IMHO, before pulling the trigger on a new TV. They seem to incorporate the positives of both other formats, without the negatives of either.
This is an audio site. What did you expect? I feel sorry for you too Chad but I didn't say anyone was pathetic. Hell I feel sorry for everyone here.
Only a single poster mentioned the lower power consumption of LCDs v plasma. I find that distrubing. It suggests weening folks away from SUVs will not be easy either. We may not like dependance on middle east energy, but we ain't going to do a damn thing about it.

Local shops in Santa Barbara have the latest top of the line Sony XBR LCDs as well as the Pioneer Elite and Fujitsu plasmas, all properly set up with 1080p DVD or HDTV feeds. Each looks spectacular; nor do I see much difference among the top flat screens. It seems the artifacts have been pretty much addressed.

Next move for me is front projection. There's nothing like a large screen for movies, and price for flat screen units at this time is an overwhelming factor as size gets big.

db