Adcom 555 Mk 2 Questions

I'm a newbie here. I'm hoping someone is familiar with the Adcom amps & can provide some insight.

Long story short: My NAD 2600 blew up from static electricity. A friend who is not an audiophile has offered me an Adcom 555 Mk 2 really cheap for $150.

The rest of my system is: Teac Esoteric P-10 transport to PS Audio sl3 D/A by Illumanati cable. McCormick Line Drive Deluxe passive pre. NHT 2.5I speakers bi-wired. All analog wiring is Tara. Also have analog components & a Pioneer universal SACD player. Listening comments below are with the digital front end.

I just plugged the Adcom in (I'm told it hadn't been used much lately) & have 3 concerns. With all 3 concerns, my question is, "Is this normal behavior for an Adcom amp?

1. The heatsinks are quite hot from playing 4 songs at normal volume

2. There is some light hiss in both channels, even with the input muted. One channel has more hiss then the other

3. The amp is quite a bit brighter then the NAD. It may need to warm up for awhile (though again, the heat sinks are almost too hot to touch)

Thank you for your answers!
moomoo
Has anyone run these amps in mono mode? How did they sound?

I have a old 555 and I think it is a MkII because the RCA inputs are wide apart, not right next to each other as I see the originals are.
It has excellent sound. Not bright at all like some of the folks above speak of. I have it taking signals from a Dynaco Pass and feeding Acoustat 2s. This is great symmetry. The warmish Pas preamp and the big SS Adcom make beautiful music together.
I am interested in modding to some degree. First up will be cutting a hole in the chassis and installing a IEC plug socket. Afterwards the input board caps.
I don't see much to do to the power supply,since it is quite huge. This thing looks like a big empty box with one smallish board, a big toroidal and 4 big power caps.
Any mod info would be helpful.

e
I used an adaptation from an old Audio Amateur article to build a fully regulated power supply and it made a big difference in the sound quality especially with dynamic swings.

Kal
Hi, I know this thread has been going on for ages now. My opinion for the GFA-555 is a powerful and very quiet amplifier. Those who say it gets hot ,well there must be something wrong w/ it because mine does not even get warm under a heavy load. For the price used mine was $300 from Audio Classics sight and sound unseen just on reputation (SHIPPING THROWN IN ) and it came slippery clean and work the 2nd I hooked it up. I know tubes take time and I don't have the patience or that so I went ss and it's really instant on and does not get better the more you play.Yes when you shut it own and it spools down i does take a few minutes but who cares, your done listening. I sometimes leave the amp on all the time and I'm torn about this because most the people over on the POLK site swear by it and I must be a hypocric because  I have a sub woofer that has never been off since I got it about 9 y/o. For durability, price point ,looks, and form and function one could not  do much better.  For a starter amp or even your go to amp I would not hestate and go for it. My model is a bit different ,I have the rack face model used for recording studios because of their power and low noise floor. Highly recommended  for a step into 2 chll genre....Some say it's a bright sounding amp. I have no way o comparare and would like a Parasound or Bryston to get and hear the difference....Lew
Your adcom is too hot, hiss as well, it is sick and needs a doctor! My adcom gets a bit warm driving 8 ohm b&w dm4 spkrs at loud volumes and no hiss whatsoever.