Why have the prices of Marantz and Sansui speakers have gone up so much? Whyyyy???

Couldnt give them away before. If they were considered junky sounding before how are they all of sudden golden sounding and collectable and people spending stupid money on them? Im at a loss of words.
vinny55

There's some great sounding vintage stuff out there. I have a list that I save for clients. All throughout the hobby there are those certain products that are simply amazing. Also a lot of times you will find guys who specialize working on specific designs, bringing them to life.

Honestly some guys just don't like the sound of the modern drivers, cabinets and crossovers.

Michael Green

www.michaelgreenaudio.net

I don't get it either....some of the worst sounding speakers ever made.....there are a few speakers of that era that are worth putting to use, but those?
Some of the receivers etc  from the 1970s are collectible now people are buying the speakers and TT etc to get complete systems. This in no way obsoletes any audiophiles gear selection so just relax. It doesn't mean that they are inferior to you they are just collecting as humanity has done for ages.
I understand, but if im putting a vintage system together you can be sure the speakers will be worthy of listening to and enjoying.