Any experienced Projector users?

I know there are a ton of websites and info to be found but there is a certain comfort asking people on Audiogon questions I have, I have done a ton of research so I dont have a ton of question's and just need to confirm some ideas and options.
If anyone out there is up on the more budget end of projectors let me know please.
Main concerns are ceiling height placement, lens shift and zoom options and a few general concerns....thanks
chadnliz
I second Bdgregory's recommendation of Optoma HD-70.
Also - having a drop/ceiling makes the installation easier.
You can mount it to the floor beams and have almost "0" clearance between projector and the ceiling. Runing cables - could not be easier.
HD-70's options are very limited but its picture quality is way above its price category.
Make sure to pick the right screen - since its light output is not that great.
HD-70 was my second proj. - now it is HD-80.
For about $700-$800 street price it is hard to beat.
I have a Panasonic PTL-500U and love it. I would highly recommend doing some research at AVS Forums. Just searching the threads will probably answer most of your questions. Feel free to email me if you like or post your question.
Go to AVS Forums and spend some time doing research.

IMO DLP projectors have gotten so good and are so inexpensive that they are the best way to go today. LCD still suffers from poor black level which makes everything look washed and less 3D, and slow refresh which makes motion look traily and blurred.

The latest DLPs have 1980x1080p resolution, excellent contrast and black level and none of the refresh issues. The only knock on DLPs has been that some people are sensitive to a rainbow effect caused by the color wheel. The newest mono chip DLPs have improved 6 and 7 segment wheels that run at very high rpm and cause less of a rainbow problem. Most people aren't rainbow sensitive anyway.

I have recently done some projector shoot-outs where the Infocus IN82 has started to surpass (for the first time) my Sony G70 CRT. The Sony was $20K new, the 720p IN78 is $3500 and the 1080p IN82 is $5500.

I'm a dealer for Infocus. There are lots of other good DLPs out there.
Davemitchell is right! If you can splurge for the DLP over an LCD, do it. My brother's DLP crushed my LCD (he had the same LCD). I have an NEC 440 that is not bad either.
Keep in mind that most have cooling fans that you can hear. If you can mount this far enough behind you and zoom in to the screen, that's best.
When looking at used, keep bulb replacement in mind-they can run $300 to $500 easily.
See www.videogon.com
Thanks for the tips!
Do LCD projector's in the budget arena offer easier placement with lense shift and zoom?, thats what I see when I look.
The room will be in basement so light isnt an issue but I would like to be able to use some lamps for ambient light for casual sprts and daytime events so I dont want a super dim dark-only unit.
Another concern is that the ceiling is low so the unit if mounted on ceiling would be around 6ft which I could pace aboive my sweet spot which will be about 12-13 ft from screen,otherwise on a table a few feet in front of me would be next ideal position, I am going to run 80in screen due to ceiling height and placement of center channel under screen. Thanks guys!