Is the Oppo-105 with Modwright modifications

As good as they say it is. I was talking to a dealer today and he said you can't have a state of the art product when you start with crap. He said the Saber DAC's were junk and I'd be wasting my money doing the Modwright upgrades. On the other hand I have heard people rave about it. What is your take on this player and the Modwright upgrades? Am I better off buying a high-end used CD player without a warranty. I like the Idea of a modded player but I don't want to be disappointed and take a big loss.
taters
I considered TUC when I got my 105D, but I couldn't get a handle on precisely what they did. They sounded kind of vague with band-aid type mods versus gut changes by EVS. Ric explained exactly what he would do and it made sense to me at that time.With over 500 hours on my player,I know that I made the right choice.
My TUC-modded 105D is now about 500 hours into full burn-in, and I have a hard time imagining it sounding any better. This is the real deal! I have a friend with the four-box Wadia 9, and I do not enjoy listening to it in his much more expensive system than the 105D in mine.
OPPO Digital Announces Decision to Gradually Stop Manufacturing New Products.....April 3 2018, 09:00......😪

It could well have been an April's Fool story, but unfortunately it was released on April 2nd... In a message of farewell, OPPO Digital has confirmed it will gradually stop manufacturing new products, causing a shockwave across home theater and audio enthusiasts all over the world. A decision which is hard to understand given the success stories of the brand's range of Blu-ray Disc players, planar magnetic headphones and the recent entry in the wireless speaker segment. Meanwhile, OPPO Digital confirmed they are open to proposals regarding the IP related to their product design.

http://www.audioxpress.com/news/oppo-digital-announces-decision-to-gradually-stop-manufacturing-new-...