Incoming ... Joseph Audio Pulsars

WHOOPEE!!!!! Today, I parted finally with my beloved B&W N804s in favor of a pair of JA Pulsars in the Sapele Finish. Using temporarily a pair of Target stands until the Sound Anchors come in. I only have a couple of hours on these speakers, but they image like crazy and the sound is exquisite and non-fatiguing. They are much better suited to my 10x10x8 room than the B&Ws. Will post a more in-depth review after they’re broken in a bit more. This has been SOME St. Patty’s Day!
rlb61
@rlb61

Ha!

We really are on the same wavelength.

I just recently got my new Transrotor turntable up and running - my leap into high end vinyl playback - and last night my album of choice was...
Regatta de Blanc!

My old copy. It actually sounded incredible. Both the recording and performance of Stewart Copeland on drums makes for an awesome "drum sound demo" album. So much snap and aliveness in the playing (and recording).

@prof  ... right on! Copeland is an amazing drummer, and you can really hear every hi-hat stroke through the Pulsars.  Also, check out "Walking on the Moon" ... I have listened to that song a gazillion times through my B&Ws and had never before heard Andy Summers' guitar doing the rhythm "chuck" in between verses. Now, it's loud and clear. I love those moments. It's like having a whole new CD collection. Amazing!
Another +vote for The Police catalog. Those "records" were crafted and recorded with such care. The CDs are excellent. The SACDs are outstanding! I own both versions. Enjoy the music.
Happy Listening!
@prof    Pulsar vs Perspective.  Above 100 Hz they sound very similar. The Perspectives have better, and lower bass. I compared them back to back on PS Audio’s best electronics. The bass foundation makes a significant difference. 
@markalarsen

Thanks.

Any reason you chose Perspectives vs Pulsars with a subwoofer?

When I was shopping the JA speakers I wasn't thinking subwoofer (because I usually hate subs) but I'm giving some JL subs a go soon in my current set up with my Thiel speakers. 

Did you also find the Pulsars to be a bit noticeably warm in the upper bass (goosed up a tiny bit)?  As I said, that's one thing I noticed with the Perspectives, a more even sound through the mids/lower mids/bass. 
And in the store auditions, the Perspectives general bass presentation really grabbed me - really fun and tonal and energetic.

So it was the Perspectives that I demoed at home.  They had the most ravishing midrange and general presentation and if I had one question mark it was actually the lower bass.  I noticed on some material a bit of "puffy" quality attached to the bass, something that sort of reached out and mildly annoyed my ears occasionally.  I didn't have time to find out if this was something that I could dial out, or if it wouldn't be an issue on most material, but it did leave a question mark.  (And my room is generally good with bass response - my big Thiels for instance are quite smooth in the bass in my room).

My thinking is that if I get some experience working subwoofers into a system, then if indeed the Perspectives aren't as linear as I'd like in the lower bass, crossing them over to a sub (and some room correction - I have a Dspeaker Anti-node) could be the fix.

Of course I also think about the Pulsars with a sub, which would be less money.  But for one thing it's hard to shake the Perspectives as they made such an impression on me.  The other is I much prefer the Perspectives aesthetically.

(I just found out I have a Devore Fidelity dealer nearby so I'm going to check those out as well, since they get great reviews.)