Luxman L590AXii vs Accuphase E-650 for a Shindo lover

I have loved tubes all my audiophile life, but looking to pare down to a SS integrated.
These two are the only ones under consideration (not looking for other recos).

I love the Shindo sound (in an ideal world I would own a full Shindo system), rich, full, lush yet transparent with ample details and good thumping bass.

In that case which of these two amps would work best. Where I live Accuphase is 50% more expensive than the Luxman, so that is also worth considering while buying.

My speakers are Devore O/96s. Source AMR DP777
essrand
I am running a pair of Devore O/96 with an Accuphase E-600 integrated; I moved to the E-600 after downsizing from a Shindo Giscours/Haut Brion & Cortese combo.

The addition of a C-37 phono brought the E-600 very close to the sound of the Shindo combo. The E-600 has a surprisingly similar rich tonal textures and details as the Shindo. The Shindo adds a bit more realism, detail and 3 dimensionality as compared to the Accuphase, but then you would expect that from much more expensive separates.

I have heard the Luxman on a few occasions and I certainly liked what I heard. However, I did not quite hear the same tonality, detail and richness as I heard with the Accuphase.

Given that you have the O/96 I would certainly suggest the new E-650. The DAC and phono boards are quite good too for a much more simple approach.

@restock 
Thanks for your input. Very interested that as a Shindo and O/96 user, you like Accuphase. Just the person I wanted feedback from.

Just another question, how is the lower freq (bass) performance of Accuphase, does it beat your prev Shindo combo because it's an SS integrated?

And do you ever miss the Shindo tubes?
The Shindo Giscours and Haut Brion were a very impressive match to the O/96 - for a tube combo the bass was extremely tight and fast. The Accuphase E-600 matches that performance, maybe even a bit tighter and quicker than the Shindo. 

The Shindo was excellent, but after 15+ years of tubes I actually enjoy the simplicity of a solid state setup - I end up listening much more often as the system is almost always on and ready to listen; in contrast with tubes I would sometimes not turn the system on if I expect to only listen for an hour or less.

So I really have not missed the Shindo at all. Getting the C-37 phono helped and brought the system to a level of richness and texture that is close to the Giscours, but offers more flexibility for matching different cartridges.

Feel free to drop me an email or pm - always happy to connect up.

Rene

The Accuphase is marginally better.   I have owned the Luxman L-590 AX and the Accuphase E-600.   

I have heard the new Luxman L-590AX II and it does sound better than its predecessor.

The bottom line is the Accuphase will cost you twice as much (once you add the AD-50 phono card).   It may give you a 5% to 10% improvement sonically.   The Luxman is far better value without question. 
Greg - interesting comment on Luxman 590 vs Accuphase E600.

I recently heard a Luxman L-509X with a pair of Harbeth 30.2 at the Montreal Show which compared to my own experience with the Accuphase E-600 and Graham LS 5/9s fell quite a bit short of expectation. I did not feel the Luxman/Harbeth combo had either the resolution, tonality, delicacy or dynamics of the Accuphase/Graham combo. I am unsure whether the speakers or amp made the difference though. Several friends commented on the same observation. I also heard the E-470 with Harbeth in the past which left a better impression than the 509/Harbeth combination at the Montreal show.

How does the new 590 compare to the 509?