Recommended Speaker List for Atma-Sphere OTL Amplifiers.

OK, I am not sure how many times this has been disscused but the information is found all over the forum. I would possible love to compile a list here.

I personally own the Classic Audio Loudspeakers T1.5

I am now looking to build a second room with the M60 Mono Blocks and MP-3 Pre-amp.

Would love fellow audiogon memebers posting any feedback with speakers they have used with these Amazing OTL sounding Amplifiers.
dragon_vibe
 @gwng8,
 I hope Ralph (atmasphere) responds. If not, you can always PM him.
I own a pair of MA-1's and have found them to be the most remarkable amps providing unmatched sonics as well as reliable, trouble free performance.
Go to his website, he has some good pages on his design.
As far as OTL inconvenience, there were earlier designs (Futterman, I believe), that were known to be problematic. Ralph's design improves upon this and makes his amps essentially bullet proof.
B
With my Atma-Sphere M-60 Mk 3.3 I ended up making my own DIY speakers. I stayed with 8ohm hi sensitivity drivers. The cabinets were purchased from Parts Express and are High Gloss, they look very nice.

I used Aurum Cantus G1 Ribbons and ScanSpeak drivers. My DIY external crossover boxes were made using Mundorf SGO classic caps, Path Audio resistors and Janzen inductors and the speakers were wired internally with Cerious Technologies Graphene Extreme wire.

Recently, I thought that I should upgrade my amps and then speakers. I don't know why just had the itch I guess.

So, in the last few weeks I have heard Magnapan 3.7i's with Rogue Audio amps, (very disappointing IMHO) Focal Kantra 2's with Nagra $80,000 amps and today the Goldenear Reference speakers with some $$$ French amps.

To my ears, none of these amps/speakers combinations sounded as good as my Atma-Sphere M-60 3.3 with my DIY speakers.

Bigger and more expensive is not always better...

ozzy
I agree with the praise for OTL, and Atma-Sphere. I own a pair of MA-1s and have not looked back. I tried with different speakers, and even if 8 ohm speakers sounded OK, the full benefit of the amps was evident only when I got Audiokinesis Dream Maker speakers (16 ohm). Very much recommended, if you have room for them.
How does Tannoy & atmasphere match up?  Especially in the bass department......