Norah Jones - Tidal vs. Hi Res ?

Hi Everyone, 

I was going through my favorites list on Tidal when I clicked on Norah Jones "Not Too Late" album, which I happen to own in 96kHz/24. It did not sound nearly as good as I expected. 

Anyone else able to do this comparison? 

Best,

E
erik_squires
This sites my bible for getting the best version and it’s never let me down.
But looking at this they’re all a bit of a muchness, the 2012 sacd redbook layer looks the best by a touch, the last one a 2007 Blue Note version has the worst compression.

http://dr.loudness-war.info/album/list?artist=Norah+Jones+&album=Not+Too+Late

Cheers George
It is interesting. It shows what ha sbeenargued before, that the SACD version may indeed sound better, but not because of the format but because of the mastering, since the redbook layer has the same greater Dynamic range.
I should check to see if there is a date on the Tidal site. I do not thing I could hear 1 or 2 dB of difference in the dynamic range, but the mastering differences make sense. 
Someone sent me a spreadsheet of the MQA titles available on Tidal, it's probably at least a month old, but has the Norah Jones albums on it.  There are two "Not Too Late" entries on the spreadsheet, both added to Tidal on 10/3/17, both with release dates of 1/1/03, one is listed as 96k the other is 192k.