PS Audio or Ayre?

So I'm thinking about getting the BHK signature preamp or, I just read a review on the AyreK5xe preamp. They both seem like great pieces. Anyone have a preference?
wuzzer
I have the BHK Pre and the BHK Mono's. I love the flexibility of the Pre with 5 pairs each of RCA or XLR balanced. Sound quality is outstanding and since it has a tube front end you can tube roll to adjust your preferred sound accordingly. It also supports Home Theater bypass if you need that as well. So far (Over 18 months) I am quite satisfied.
Another happy BHK Pre owner here.  I've never owned Ayre, but have listened to demos (not with my speakers) and they have been nice, but not nice enough to entice me to buy one. 
Definitely PS Audio.  I once bought a ayre cd player & it would not play my CD's and no, none of my CD's had scratches on them as I am very meticulous with my stuff. The ayre also made loud distortion noises out of my speakers and I had to stop it. The was a aye player bought brand new, ayre seems to have a lot of real estate inside their boxes and has their units tweaked to play louder than the competition. I just bought a PS Audio BHK-250 amp brand new last year and I love. Go PS Audio and really, stay away from ayre. All the best to you.   
The PS Audio BHK Pre is an amazing piece of equipment. The company stands behind their products solidly and continue to develop great sounding gear. Go for it. You will be pleased.
No experience with Ayre but can attest to ps audio sound and as a company.  My dad has been doing business with them for 20 years now.  Not only great sound but tremendously helpful, tech savvy. I have a ps audio power plant from 1999 that’s still crack-a-lackin.