TT mats

I have a VPI Scoutmaster TT and am wondering if any of you can recommend a matt for the platter and why?
Thanks in advance
Steve

handymann

From Wikipedia

Constrained-layer damping is a mechanical engineering technique for suppression of vibration. Typically a viscoelastic or other damping material, is sandwiched between two sheets of stiff materials that lack sufficient damping by themselves. The ending result is, any vibration made on either side of the constraining materials (the two stiffer materials on the sides) are trapped and evidently dissipated in the viscoelastic or middle layer.Enter your text ....

The mat stack is clamped with a Michell record clamp . The Boston Mat 2 is stiff . As for VTA I made a on the fly VTA adjuster for my Ortofon arm from a helicoid lens focus ring . Thank you for you feedback    

As you may have read, I too use a Mat2 on my MK3, with no rubber in between.  There were a few who don't like the Mat2, which is their right of course.  I also do like the SAEC SS300 on the Mk3 and on my TT101.
The platter on the SP10MK 3 is way more massive . JP showed his to me .. The MK 2 can use a little help .  
Probably some of you might have seen it already, but intresting to see that cork mats where preffered at Fremmer,s listeng files shootout. Even over the Boston Mat. https://www.analogplanet.com/node/119603/results
I have found that at least with the 1200G the Boston Audio Design mat sounds better upside down with the Stillpoints LPI.  FWIW