Vandersteen VLR Wood ..any love for these?

are there any owners out here. setup tips , wire, amps. thanks Greg
128x128drumsgreg
all i know is i wished i would have heard these much sooner, they are by far the best small loudspeaker I've ever heard, lots of detail, very dynamic, image like there nobody`s business. Some speakers just speak to the heart with the way they portray music to you. i listen to mostly small jazz groups and powerful fusion groups and i have not been disappointed yet in their performance at all. i would take these over the Magnepan .7 any day of the week,ive owned a few, mmg, 1.6, 1.7i, mini maggies with two dwms..these just work. great speaker!
@drumsgreg ...totally agree with you.  These VLRs are just music.  Best...
Have you guys (drumsgreg and carmenc) used a sub with the VLRs, or just close to the wall and no sub?  I would think the vandy sub would work well but not sure if you need a sub. With the older model VLR, those definitely needed a sub, so just curious about these newer VLR Woods? 
Hi kansas400.  Currently I’m using mine sans sub in a small room.  I have them about six inches from the wall behind them.  I have them on 24” high Skylan two post stands.  I feel like I’m getting plenty of bass this way.  There is plenty “meat on the bones” and a real good solid foundation to the music.  I thought about a sub, but given my size room I’ll refrain from doing so.  If I was in a larger room, I’d consider it.  Yes, I would think the Vandy sub would be the way to go.  A Rel also.

These “Lil Vandys” just continue to put a smile on my face.  I’ve passed on opportunities to get larger Vandersteen.  I’m glad I finally stayed committed to the VLR.  I’ve ordered a Belles Aria integrated amp.  This should make for a very synergistic system from all I’ve read and with the help of John Rutan.

Hope this helps some.  I would just start with the VLR set up similar to mine and go from there after you’ve had a chance to acclimate yourself to them.  Then perhaps consider a sub.  Get yourself some Audioquest cabling eventually as well.  There is a reason why so many Vandy owners use AQ.  Just sounds right together!

Best of luck and keep us posted on your journey.  Let me know if I can help further.  Best.....
Hi Carmenc - what are the dimensions of your room and do you have the VLRs on the long wall or short wall?