Vandersteen VLR Wood ..any love for these?

are there any owners out here. setup tips , wire, amps. thanks Greg
128x128drumsgreg
Interesting; looks like MusicDirect has the VLRs so with their return policy, if they don't work for my room, I could swap for something else.

Do the VLRs have the laid back Vandersteen sound signature? I auditioned the KEF 50s for about 5 minutes and they were too analytical and in your face for me.  But I've always like the Vandersteen floor stander's sound 

@kansas400 ....I was in your boat not long ago.  I had the Kefs.  Couldn’t resist the temptation to hear what all the buzz was about.  They were ok, but as Johnny R stated, there was that bass bump creeping into the midrange.

I ended up selling them for little loss, thank goodness.  Guess what I ended up buying?  Vandersteen VLR!  Couldn’t be happier.  Even Steven...no bass bump, very balanced, transparent and good tight bass that doesn’t encroach on the all too important midrange.  If by laid back, you mean musical/unfatiguing, that they are.  They draw you in instead of shouting at you.  Definitely worth a try imo.  MD has a great return policy/audition period.

Listen to Senor Rutan, many times I wish I had.  Now, time for a Belles Aria to mate with them.  Best to you!
all i know is i wished i would have heard these much sooner, they are by far the best small loudspeaker I've ever heard, lots of detail, very dynamic, image like there nobody`s business. Some speakers just speak to the heart with the way they portray music to you. i listen to mostly small jazz groups and powerful fusion groups and i have not been disappointed yet in their performance at all. i would take these over the Magnepan .7 any day of the week,ive owned a few, mmg, 1.6, 1.7i, mini maggies with two dwms..these just work. great speaker!
@drumsgreg ...totally agree with you.  These VLRs are just music.  Best...
Have you guys (drumsgreg and carmenc) used a sub with the VLRs, or just close to the wall and no sub?  I would think the vandy sub would work well but not sure if you need a sub. With the older model VLR, those definitely needed a sub, so just curious about these newer VLR Woods?