DAC recommendations for CDs in 2-channel system

Can anyone share suggestions for a DAC to go with the following setup:

Odyssey Audio Kismet monoblocks
Odyssey Audio Tempest pre-amp
Dual 1229 turntable with Shure V3
crappy CD player (used as a transport)
Schiit Modi Uber (current DAC, OK not great)
Klipsch Cornwall I speakers

I listen primarily to CDs and some vinyl at fairly low levels. The amps and preamp were recent major upgrades, so I'm thinking about getting a DAC that will hold its own with the new components.

I don't have a budget in mind, but prefer a high value for dollar. Thanks in advance!
scoran
Scoran, sorry so late in getting back to you. I understand your hesitation after reading the technical review.  I own a Schiit Bifrost w/o the usb input, purchased used. I use a M2tech Hiface USB/SPDIF converter with it. Seems to sound OK to me in a second system. So many DACs to choose from. I currently use a Bryston BDA-1 in my main system, it has several inputs and dual outputs which I need.

I think if I were looking for a DAC to pair with a transport I would look into the Border Patrol that has coax input only.

Good luck in your search. 
@ thaluza,

Change the fuse and tube with a Mullard square getter and this awesome Dac will even be more magical...

Wig
Huh, those measurements of the Bifrost MB are pretty eye opening. I’ve listened to it during headphone meets and found it to sound a little steely and didn’t quite like it. I’ve also listened to the BorderPatrol DAC connected to a disc transport at an audio show and found it to sound quite good - organic and natural.

S’phile measurements of jitter through the USB interface seems to confirm the somewhat subpar engineering. Schiit’s latest Gen 5 incarnation claims to ’fix’ USB, for what it’s worth.

I wouldn’t worry about the ’debate’ between resistor ladder and sigma-delta DACs. There are examples of good and bad sounding designs utilizing both types of technologies.
Mojo Audio Dac 
the best I have heard and own 
45 days money back guarantee 
enjoy the music