Vintage DD turntables. Are we living dangerously?

I have just acquired a 32 year old JVC/Victor TT-101 DD turntable after having its lesser brother, the TT-81 for the last year.
TT-101
This is one of the great DD designs made at a time when the giant Japanese electronics companies like Technics, Denon, JVC/Victor and Pioneer could pour millions of dollars into 'flagship' models to 'enhance' their lower range models which often sold in the millions.
Because of their complexity however.......if they malfunction.....parts are 'unobtanium'....and they often cannot be repaired.
128x128halcro
Post removed 
It’s like the original first press versus the remastered reissue.

Top quality vintage analog gear has it’s own glory.
Vintage turntable in perfect condition is also an investment, the price only goes up in time. Luckily we have people who can calibrate them, refurbish them or even upgrade them. Doing it by our own is even more interesting, but not each one can do that. But most of them are just fine and need no service at all. Turntables from the 70s and 80s are amazing, it’s a pleasure to have them and use them, same with tonearms and cartridges from that era. They are all reasonably priced today and it’s great. That was the golden age of the analog. No reason to sell them even if that new Sp-10R is very very good (sooner or later it will be on the used market too). 
Dear @downunder : The SP-10MK3 is a great unit but the new Technics design comes with fundamental/vital characteristics/changes over the MK3 where the MK3 can't compete no matter what: the new Technics comes with a totally new motor design and now is coreless, its TT bearing is way superior, the TT platter is way better damped than the " ringing " MK3 and many other superior characteristics.

No, I don't have yet the opportunity to listen it but I don't need to listen to know its superiority and you neither.

It's the time to let it go the MK3 and MK2s.

Regards and enjoy the MUSIC NOT DISTORTIONS,
R.
It's the time to let it go the MK3 and MK2s.

Never, rather death!!!       :)