Class D is just Dandy!

I thought it was time we had a pro- Class D thread. There's plenty of threads about comparisons, or detractors of Class D.

That's fine, you don't have to like Class D amps, and if you don't please go participate on one of those threads.

For those of us who are very happy and excited about having musical, capable amps that we can afford to keep on 24/7 and don't require large spaces to put them in, this thread is for you.

Please share your experiences with class D amps!
erik_squires
I love all the comments but their is really no comparison, class D is not as musical as a class A amps. Not saying that anyone shouldn’t love their class D amps but let’s not fool ourselves into believing they’re on par with a good class A amp. Like I said earlier I paid 12k for a very reputable manufacturers class D amp and it made me want to trash the rest of my system and speakers. It drove me crazy for over a year and then I finally ended up buying a class A amp and now I can’t stop listening to music. It’s like I have my very own personal concert every night. 

Cheers
@bluesy41 - since you haven’t heard all Class D amps I wonder how you can make a blanket statement. If your $12K Class D amp was the Esoteric I-03 and you didn’t think it was musical then I wonder what “musical” is? I own the Esoteric I-03 and the Mark Levinson No. 585 and I they both sound fantastic to me.
class D is not as musical as a class A amps.

You have not heard a good one with a pair of Ohm Walsh speakers perhaps?

@sfseay -

I owned Mark Levington, Krell and ARC and their class D amps did not move me the way class A tube amps does. In fairness it could have more to do with it being solid state vs my preference tubes, however the best amp I ever heard was the Ayre MXR 20. So yes an ignorant statement on my part in saying all. I will clarify and say the class D amps I have heard didn’t sound as musical.

Cheers
Sorry bluesy41,

My experience does not match yours at all. 

I've heard many Class A which I liked less than the Parasound A/B amps, and those are the equal of the Class Ds I have now. I think the idea that all Class A is better than all class D is nonsense. 

Best,

E