speakers for listener with Tinnitus

What speakers would you recommend that soften the highs etc., that might lessen the symptoms of Tinnitus?
128x128kitegod
Should say, with headphones I take the volume just to the point where it drowns out the tinnitus squeal. That's as loud as I go. It is more difficult to drown out the tinnitus when listening to speakers. Not sure why, it just seems way too loud with speakers if I'm past the tinnitus threshold.
First you would need to understand your tinnitus. The frequency screaming in your ear is not the same for everyone. Identify your frequency peak....Then If you can biamp,triamp,etc. your best bet is to use a dsp... eq your room by channel and account for the hearing loss/peak on that channel. The mini dsp starts at a bit over $100. with this, you can change your world and would end up with good results.
I hope this helps,
I am blessed with Tinnitus but don't think that accounts for all the horrible sounds that todays speaker manufactures are hyping as the " Best Speaker" ever made. On the elevator at the RMAF two guys were in my opinion correctly defining the sounds of most rooms as " Forward and Thin " to which I would add "Way Too Loud"

I really liked the Chapman Audio Room. You would love those speakers.

A nice soft dome tweeter. Oh yes...
"What speakers would you recommend that soften the highs etc., that might lessen the symptoms of Tinnitus?"

Try listening to your system with a little background noise from a fan or something similar. A completely silent room feels very unnatural (at least for me it does.)