speakers for listener with Tinnitus

What speakers would you recommend that soften the highs etc., that might lessen the symptoms of Tinnitus?
128x128kitegod

Showing 3 responses by zd542

"Vandersteens, Harbeths etc.. might be the direction to head for."

Vandersteen's are very revealing overall and they use aluminium tweeters. I don't think they would be a good choice, in this case.

Here's a few speakers that have a very forgiving top end: Origional Mirage M series, Meadowlark, Mission, Older model Energy's that use the camel hair tweeter, possibly Martin Logan, Spendor.

If I can think of more, I'll post them.
"What speakers would you recommend that soften the highs etc., that might lessen the symptoms of Tinnitus?"

Try listening to your system with a little background noise from a fan or something similar. A completely silent room feels very unnatural (at least for me it does.)
"Now although the 1.6s have more treble energy than the Kestrels, the treble is so clean it doesn't seem to irritate my tinnitus."

What do you mean by that? Can you give an example of what happens when you irritate your tinnitus? For me, a little background noise helps. It "covers it up" enough to where I'm not too distracted to it.