MQA•Foolish New Algorithm? Vote!

Vote please. Simply yes or no. Let’s get a handle on our collective thinking.
The discussions are getting nauseating. Intelligent(?) People are claiming that they can remove part of the music (digits), encode the result for transport over the net, then decode (reassemble) the digits remaining after transportation (reduced bits-only the unnecessary ones removed) to provide “Better” sound than the original recording.
If you feel this is truly about “better sound” - vote Yes.
If you feel this is just another effort by those involved to make money by helping the music industry milk it’s collection of music - vote no.
Lets know what we ‘goners’ think.
P.S. imho The “bandwidth” problem this is supposed to ‘help’ with will soon be nonexistent. Then this “process” will be a ‘solution’ to a non existing problem. I think it is truly a tempest in a teacup which a desperate industry would like to milk for all its worth, and forget once they can find a new way to dress the Emporer. Just my .02

ptss
No!  I should point out that your title and guidance for answering are in disagreement.  The title of the post asks if MQA is a “Foolish Algorithm”, in that case “Yes” would indicate MQA is a bad (foolish) thing.  In the body of the post it says voting “Yes” indicates MQA is about “better sound”, in other words MQA is a good thing.  The exact opposite.  I wouldn’t be surprised if some of the answers above are in response to the title, rather than the body of the post.  This “poll” is therefore invalid.
No!  I should point out that your title and guidance for answering are in disagreement.  The title of the post asks if MQA is a “Foolish Algorithm”, in that case “Yes” would indicate MQA is a bad (foolish) thing.  In the body of the post it says voting “Yes” indicates MQA is about “better sound”, in other words MQA is a good thing.  The exact opposite.  I wouldn’t be surprised if some of the answers above are in response to the title, rather than the body of the post.  This “poll” is therefore invalid.

Great observation there!
I voted according to the body of the post, not the title.   :)
Willemj, yes I see FLAC is lossless, my error. I have used AIFF files. Does anyone stream DSD or hi-res PCM files? I get the point about does MQA sound better. But that is very subjective, and more importantly I am looking at it as a streaming option. If the freq band capability opens up, MQA will not make sense.
Yes, 100%. For me, it’s a no brainer. In my system, MQA sounds great, so I will continue to play it, and continue to enjoy the hell out of it.

If you have a subscription to Tidal, like a lot of us Agoner do..it is simply a gift. Temporary, maybe? In the meantime, I’m going sit back, relax, and keep hitting play!