A brutal review of the Wilson Maxx

I enjoy reading this fellow (Richard Hardesty)

http://www.audioperfectionist.com/PDF%20files/APJ_WD_21.pdf

g_m_c
Okay, here are distortion measurements for Wilson.
sophia
watt/puppy 6
watt/puppy7
Only got acess to this fats computer for a few minutes so no time to comment.
Just a thought... I wonder if Mr. David Wilson has read these posts....any thoughts from the big gun...nespas ??
I am always interested how guys like G_m_c continue to stir up the pot

I would like to ask the so called "informed" here whether in their opinion other higher priced speakers such as Von Schweikert at $60K a pop contain $60K worth of parts? Or how about the Kharmas which at $85-$110K have that much in parts. Heck, IMO the Kharmas don't even have any bass, so what's the fuss about Wilson? I would take the Maxx ll over the VR9 or Kharma any day of the week. Oh and I wasn't sure that the dealer wasn't allowed to make some profit in this country. How much margin would people fathom there is in the MAXX ll or the VR 9. I would bet that there is more in the VR9 than in the Wilson. I have been to Provo and toured the factory and watched these speakers being produced, as well as also saw all of the man hours used to build these speakers. My X-2's took over 2 weeks to produce. Last I took note, a high end Mercedes, Porsche or BMW rolls off the production line in a matter of days. The quality control that goes into the production of any Wilson speaker is second to none. Heck, I will be the first to admit that there aren't $135K of parts in my X-2's. However I will draw a line in the sand when challenged by the so called naysayers here about Dave Wilson. He has done more for high end audio than any other speaker manufacturer. Perhaps we shouldn't factor in the years of R&D that he put into the production of his speakers as that is obviously worth nothing to you DIYrs. What I bought therefore was Dave's work effort. I feel that I bought the culmination of everything he has done heretofore--essentiallly Dave at the pinnacle of his work effort.
This is a flavor thing and I have said over and over, that when all is said and done it all boils down to our ears and our wallets...nothing more. Personally I have owned countless high end speakers over the years and for me and my tastes and listening enjoyment Wilson speakers are what stir my juices. The aforementioned Kharmas and VR9's are simply not "my" cup of tea at $60K, and IMO the MAXX ll at $45K is a far better buy. I read about how "a speaker gets out of the way of the music". I am still trying to understand what that means but I see it posted here time and again. Each of our purchases should only be about one person and that is "me" the buyer . All too often it seems that the incessant posts here on audiogon and other forums seem to be begging validation from the collective. I am probably evey bit as guilty. What are we trying to accomplish. IMO it gets down to more than pride of ownership but rather how "our" system becomes "us". We all need to get a life and start enjoying the music rather than bashing other people or manufacturers

The Hardesty "review" (if you can call it that is a joke. I laud John Giolas from Wilson Audio for having sent the E-mail to Hardesty. I know John as well as the rest of the staff at Wilson Audio. They are all first class gentlemen for whom I have great respect. John is perhaps the most soft spoken individual I have ever met so for him to send that e-mail puts him in my highest regard.

I will say again, for me, Dave Wilson has enriched my life with the love of music and I have no regrets for having bought and owned the WP 5.1, WP 6, Maxx l, X-1 and now X-2 as well as the XS and completes WATCH system. Personally I feel the MAXX ll is underpriced by some of the standards in speaker prices in the market today. Go ahead G_m_c bash away. I have drawn my line in the sand.
aldavis.

i wasnt refering to you in particular with the ebay rig but since you brought it up there are alot of guys on this site who contribute nothing except to jump in & bash other guys gear & its always the same,no feedback,no system pics,no threads of their own,only answers to questions about gear they dont own.

there are also a few who feel the best way they can contribute here is to tell us about their education kinda like a peacock struttin around showing everybody in sight just how cool his feathers are.

call me an uneducated moron but i still dont get where your going with all of this.

mike.