Throughly disappointed with my new Yamaha A-3000 Integrated.......

well, I love it when it's not shutting down.  Finally called the dealer and told them I'm done with it.  From the first day, it shut off and went into protection mode after 10 minutes of listening.  It's doing it all the time now.  I did figure out how to reset the amp, but it continues to go into protection mode.  Here's what I've done to track the issue down.  Am I missing anything?  By the way, I'm a user, not someone who can track down voltages, test wires etc etc.

1. Pulled power cord for 30 minutes- I use a PS audio PC
2. Unplugged all connections- amp stayed in protection mode with nothing plugged in.
3. I then figured out how to reset the amp.  The amp then worked for for some periods before shutting off.  Yesterday for example, playing vinyl, amp shut off after 5 minutes.  I then did the reset and listened for 2 hours without shutting down. 
4. Today, after 5 minutes it shut down again.
5. Doesn't matter if it's vinyl or CD playing.
6. I just unplugged my Sub now as the rca cables are a bit bent up; however it didn't affect play for 2 hours yesterday without shutting off.

Disappointed as I was looking forward to breaking this in over Christmas break........  
128x128dhpeck
I have dealt with HiFi Heaven before and bought a Yamaha CD S2100 from them, which I'm currently not using because I have a Audio Research CD player.  They are great to deal with and I'm glad your unit is now working properly.
@arch2  @dhpeck 

and any other as3000 - how hot does your amp get? I've just bought a brand new one on Friday , sounds great but after 4 hrs the top plate is that hot I can't rest my hand. It not instant pull hand away but the heat is such I can't leave my hand there. 

Being a a reasobable size powered amp, I would expect it to get warm and indeed speaking on line to a couple of other owners here in Australia, they say theirs gets warm, mine is way beyond warm. 

Thanks dave 
Dave,

Unless you're using very demanding speakers, I wouldn't be surprised if your amp's bias has drifted, possibly due to shipping. The first A-S1100 I had in my possession ran very hot, my current one barely gets warm after a couple hours. My room remains around 65°F this time of year.

When I asked the local Yamaha tech about the difference, he said all Yamahas should run warm, not hot. However, I can't say whether he has experience with the 3000, that may be a different beast. 
@helomech thank you for your response, my speakers are dynaudio confidence 5, listen so far has been done with volume at 9 to 10 o'clock. .

with music it got  dry hot, yesterday I just turned it on . No music same result very hot .