Best Speakers with a DNA-1?

I don't want to hijack the contemporaneous discussion of "Speakers costing range of 2500-3500 per pair" on another thread (question by @spendmoney), but I'm curious to know if any of the answers would have been different if the amp were a McCormack DNA-1 Deluxe instead of the Denon 4311-ci.  I'm using this amp to power a pair of Polk LSIM 707's now, and am contemplating my next move.  If any of the responders to that post would care to weigh in here, I'd appreciate it.
128x128cheeg
@ctsooner — I was referring to the Treo, not the Treo CT. Used Treos have selling for ~$3000, which is about what a new pair of Vandy 2Cs would cost. I can also get used 3Sigs for much less than a new pair of 2Cs; wouldn’t both of these options make more sense?
There is no absolute answer there.  It literally depends on what iteration of speaker you are getting.  If you can afford the 3k, I'd probably get a new pair of 2's and a new integrated where you buy them that mates great with them.  As I told you, I'm always a bit Leary getting used speakers.  The Yamaha amp won't give you the magic the the TReo's or any speaker in that range will give you.  It will drive the 3 or lower, but still a new pair of 2's driven by a Rotel, Nad or one of the other integrated amps that AC sells will sound better IMHO.  Funny as I did a search on regular Treo's and noticed selling prices from 3800 (they had scratches on them) to 4500.  None are even on the market right now that I could find and only a couple have been sold in the last year.  Either way, you will get much better sound with 2 to Treo.  
This is where I tend to disagree with CT.
Though I understand his reticence regarding 'used speakers', I haven't had any issues buying used. (In fact, I bought his speakers). As I pointed out, buying a recent iteration is a good way to get the most current 'sound' that Vandersteen offers, it also means the speaker hasn't been used or sat around for a long time, either.
In my humble opinion, I would get a pair of Treo's over the 2 or 3 series, as it is a more recent design that has benefited from the design of the Quatro, 5 and 7's. Also, it looks much nicer and takes up less space (especially, when compared to the 3's).
If monies are limited, then a pair of 2ce sigs. I had the 3a sigs and hated the outrigger Sound Anchors. They took up so much room and made them difficult to position. 
With any Vandy below the Quatro, it would behoove you to add some subs, like the 2w or 2wq. A very subtle but definitive improvement.
Bob
Geez, another big +1 for gdnrbob.  I agree with everything he said as long as you buy a recent iteration of whatever Vandy speaker you decide upon.  RV does too many upgrades to his designs over time to go with an old version of any of his models.  Good luck.  If you go with Vandersteen's you will have a musically satisfying system as long as you feed them a clean signal.