Ripped off, any ideas?

I was given a working Fisher 800C receiver from my father in law that he purchased new and had stored in his basement. It was running hot and had a few cosmetic blemishes so for my father in law I wanted to get it looking and running like new.
I did some research and found a place called AEA Audio in the SF Bay Area, about 90 miles from my home. I called and spoke to man named Ken owner of AEA audio and he spoke a good game of everything he could do to restore it to new. I dropped it of to his home April 30th of 2017. He said he was backed up and moving so it would be about 3-4 months and would call me when he was beginning work on my unit. A very nice guy and showed me his home work shop and also had a business location about 15 minutes from his home. Everything seemed on the up and up.
I have called him 5 times since dropping it off and he assured me it was safe and still in his shop but it was taking longer than expected due to his moving and it would be another 3 weeks at every call.
I called him early December and told him I wanted to pick it up before Christmas regardless of weather or not the work was completed he said no problem he should have it done by then.
I have called him three times since and no return call. I know I should have been more deligent in my hounding him but I travel so much for work I haven't had time to stay on top of it.
What recourse do I have and how do I proceed.
Any thoughts would be appreciated.

128x128jb505
Oh no. This is deja vu all over again...

(Apologies in advance if posting a link to Audiokarma is frowned on, but The OPs experience is, weirdly, almost *exactly* the same as my own. Title of the thread: "Is five months a normal time to wait for tube amp restoration?")

http://bit.ly/2FTT3tw

(TLDR: My bone-stock Dynaco ST-70 blew up when it finally came in—after waiting almost six months and having to almost threaten them to get it back. They agreed to refund all of my payments, which have financed a trustworthy local tech who is undoing all of their extremely sub-par work. I listed all of our communications word-for-word in the thread. Images showing the shoddy work are on page 7 of the thread, including a video of smoke from the chassis after it arced...)

Get it back ASAP—Ken and his son Lloyd are apparently talented techs (at least one would assume so, what with AEA’s history—) but they are clearly not in a place in their lives where they can do good work in a timely fashion.

Thanks for all your input. I'll let you know how it turns out On Saturday. My guess is it won't be ready and he'll tell me a couple more weeks, like before.
im out of town all next week so the week after it will be a face to face.
Don't get down on yourself JB, we've all been there. Just chalk it up to experience - it could have been millions invested!
Do you know any members of the Corleone family?  Do you have a trustworthy Godfather? 
Post removed