Standout track on an album

In reacquainting myself over the past 24 hours with all the Lucinda Williams albums in my possession, I find myself unable to get enough of her song "Essence" off the album of the same title. A killer song, and maybe her sexiest lyrics and vocal ever. And that’s saying something!
128x128bdp24
@bdp24 

Have quite a few of Lucinda's recordings, though not Essence, as it turns out.   Some gaps to be filled.  

FWIW, two standout tracks for me are "Pineola" from Sweet Old World and "Unsuffer Me" from West.

Same with me, gh. I have SOW, but skipped West after not liking the couple before it. Perhaps I was being hasty!
Hey bdp - I personally think West is a strong album.  The good news, as you know, with Tidal and Spotify and the like, you can check out an entire album and decide if it's a "must buy" for you...more critical for folks committed to vinyl, I suppose.   I have not kept up with LW after "Blessed" (which I like).  Need to hear Spirit/Bone and Ghosts/Highway.  
GH, I've been using the listening endcap at Barnes & Noble to check out titles (you scan the bar code of a CD, and listen on headphones). But you're right---if a title is on CD, I don't mind gambling $10 to buy it unheard; $25 for an LP is a different story. I'm not one who has a particular problem with CD's in general, so they'll do for all but great sounding recordings and a few select artists---The Band, Buddy Miller, Dylan, a few others. All of theirs, but also individual albums that are real favorites and very important to me. CD's double in the car as well, and you drive a lot in L.A. (where I lived 1979-2016), not so much up here in Portland/Vancouver.
bdp - It's interesting to read how we prioritize music purchases.  If you can find West for audition at B&N - great.  If not, I do think it's worth that $10 gamble.