Best Speakers with a DNA-1?

I don't want to hijack the contemporaneous discussion of "Speakers costing range of 2500-3500 per pair" on another thread (question by @spendmoney), but I'm curious to know if any of the answers would have been different if the amp were a McCormack DNA-1 Deluxe instead of the Denon 4311-ci.  I'm using this amp to power a pair of Polk LSIM 707's now, and am contemplating my next move.  If any of the responders to that post would care to weigh in here, I'd appreciate it.
128x128cheeg
@ctsooner ,
I think I will consider something like what you described. Now that I am basically using streaming to listen to music, I really don't need a full preamp.
Does this Memory Player allow you to use it a DAC, in addition to CD player?
B
Bob, I'm gettin The Memory Player by Sam Laufer's company.  You can get it with or without the DAC built in. I'll have the DAC built directly into it as they do it properly so everything is shielded and isolated properly.  They have totally separate power supplies for the player and the DAC. They have a built in transport for easy ripping etc...  It is one of, if not the best server/streamer in the world.  Constant upgrades included etc...  

You have been over and seen my system.  My end game (if I can get there) would be the new Vandersteen mono blocks with HRS footers, a 'best' volume control and then The Memory Player.  I have my Apple TV and cable box going directly into my TV.  I'd then do an optical out into The Memory Player or into my Synchro Mesh reclocker first and then into TMP.  Then go balanced out into a volume control or take the high output RCA from TMP into the Lightspeed control.  That would then to into the mono blocks.  Much cleaner system with fewer boxes, cords etc...  not quite a high end lifestyle system, but not far away.  All I'd have in my rack/tv stand would be TMP and a small box for the remote volume control.  TMP is controlled by an app on a touchscreen or from my TV and the volume would be from the TV remote (an all in one remote) so I'd only need one remote control out and then use the phone or the pad or the TV.  Just versatile and simple. Also Sam has total remote control into TMP so he can reset fix and install anything whenever it's needed.  

Bob, if you want to talk, I am selling my Ayre QX5/20 that is a complete digital hub with 10 inputs and streamer built in. You've heard it.  It's a SICK unit.  The volume control on it is as good as any pre I've heard under about 4k or so.  It's not quite as good as my Ayre integrated pre as that's in the range of a 10k preamp, lol.  The DAC is silly good.  We had it up against DAC's in teh 20k range and it's a SMIDGE below, but not that much. It actually has a bit more detail than the great Brinkmann Nyquist DAC (love this DAC), but not quiet as much bloom, but close.  

I also use the balanced outputs on the QX5 headphone amp and it's as good as any of the Woo headphone amps I've used.  sorry for the long post. 

Here's a link to The Memory Player:    https://www.thememoryplayer.net
@ctsooner ,
Thanks for the detailed reply. This is all new to me.
Right now, I am using the Ayre Codex with the Bluesound Node, and really can't find fault with it-especially the price.
I should probably try using the Codex as a volume control, but I am still playing with all my nice new amps.

I wonder if you need the Synchro Mesh? I think the TMP comes with all the software, which includes the Clock Mapper.
-BTW, Sam called me shortly after I left a message on the website and explained a few things. I was primarily interested in the software, but it seems the Mini might be something worth looking at. It has all the software, as well as the drive and storage at a really nice price. I have to call him and see how it can integrate with my Bluesound Node. I really like having wireless music throughout the house.
B
Bob, no a decent preamp will be better for volume control than the Codex will give you.  They spent a ton more money on the QX5/20 headphone amp and volume control.  

bob, send me your email again please. I can't find it.  Sam is the BEST. He's a good guy who cares.  Teh software and other updates he offers really make a huge difference.  That mini is a great unit too.  

The Synchro Mesh is an amazing piece.  What it would do it give me flexibility to use a sp/diff instead of the optical.  The TV only has an optical out, so I would need to use it if I want a different input into TMP.  Sam said he will turn on the optical input if I want but if it will degrade the sound at all, I won't do that.