very little power?

Hi everyone, just installed my mcintosh mx122 and mc207 to my front projector,cable box (Fios), dvd player, cd player, etc. When I play dvds or cds the sound is strong and powerful like it should be but when I play TV I get like 1/5 th the power and sound levels. I have checked all my connections but cannot figure out why everything works but the TV portion. Any suggestions or clues to what may be going on? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
flognam
i wired via analog outs it does offer a digital out as well. Should i try the digital toslink out or will i get same results?
You wired the analog out from your TV box to your Mx122?  1) check to see if the cable box has some audio gain features or if it’s a fixed output box. 2) if it’s fixed output, maybe it’s just a low voltage. Try a different output (optical, even HDMI).  Also check to make sure it’s outputting in PCM stereo. Maybe the audio mode is DD5.1 and so you’re picking up only the front left and right, and missing center and sub (and backs). 
i have a mx132 unit. it's connected to my tv. i don't have any issues with the volume. read you owners manual.
I have now tried any and all connections to no end. i have spoken with verizon fios and have changed box and went directley through pass through mode as well as a pcm mode and  still no real volume. Blu ray player works fine as well as cd player and second dvd player just not cable box. Any other suggestions ? Thanks.
What is the make/model of the cable box that you are using? Have you checked, as @oddiofyl suggested, as to whether your cable box has a remote controlled volume output? Many do!