What is your favorite budget audio component?

Just wondering for the sake of curiosity and general sharing and education among audiophiles, “What is your favorite budget audio component?” And as a bonus, “Why do you consider it budget and why is it good?” 
Since budget might be relative, I would say audio gear like MBL, Wilson MAXX speakers or anything ultra high end should not be considered.

128x1282psyop
I've enjoyed a PS Audio DirectStream DAC since it first hit the market (nearly four years ago), and though a $6000 piece of gear might not be thought of as "budget", I have applied each and every firmware update since owning the unit, and it's like trading the unit in for a "new and improved" DAC, so from that perspective I'll call it "budget".
The latest "Redcloud" firmware update is just awesome!

Nakamichi BX-300 Cassette Deck (owned from new in 1987, and sold it 17 years later) -- Same Performance, Same Sound Quality, and Same Refinement as their more expensive decks of the era (but without an automatic tape calibration system).  Three Motors, Three Heads, Direct-Drive, Dual Capstans, Feather Touch Transport Controls.

I could still kick myself for selling that deck today.  Unless I finally get me a ZX-9, a CR-7A, or a Dragon (which is the Holy Grail of these), what I wouldn't do to get my BX-300 back.

A "HONEY" of a Deck!!!!  For Under $1,000.00!!

Pioneer Elite PD-65 Compact Disc Player -- Same build quality, and superb sound as their flagship player at the time (the Pioneer Elite PD-91), but without the elaborate circuitry.  Had the same sound quality of the $2K Players (and I wanted a Pioneer Elite PD-91 too, and later on, a Meridian 508.24 too).  That was saying a lot.

Pioneer Elite PD-65 -- $800.00 (in 1998), and used it for 15 Years (it finally died in 2013 -- the laser and servo mechanisms had developed issues).

I have an NAD 3140 Integrated Amplifier (Dual Channel with Dual Transformers, with 40 WPC, and it is a HEAVY ASS beast too) that is still boxed up now.  I'm going to eventually put it to work in my bedroom, and then add a turntable to it, so I can listen to music in my bedroom, when I don't want to go into the living room and crank up the BIG/MAIN rig.  The Speakers I hope to add to them are a pair of LSA-1's, or hook it up to my eventually retired KEF Reference 102's (with KUBE)(which then, the main rig will be getting a pair of Vandersteen 2Ce Signatures with an Adcom GFA-555se).  A lot of amplifier for an affordable price.  I would put it on par with an expensive integrated from back in the day that is two times the price tag.  Has a nice Phono Stage too.

NAD 3140 Dual-Channel Integrated Amplifier -- $150 (Used)

--Charles--